Advertising on Craigslist to find end buyer for contract.

Advertising on Craigslist to find end buyer for contract.

St. Croix Valley, MN · Member since 2014 · 12 posts · 3 votes

Hello BP,

I recently got my first house under contract and would like to rehab the property myself. But as I am looking around, trying to source the capital is becoming tough. After paying the money partner (whether hard money or private money), I wouldn't make too huge of a profit for all the work. But I did buy this property at a good enough price that I can assign the contract to someone and let them rehab it and still make money.

ARV 240, Rehab 45, My advertised price 132k.

Trying to keep my options open- I posted an ad on Craigslist about the property. I did not include the address because I obviously don't want people off the internet going there and bothering the homeowners. They are dealing with me only.

Ive already received 3 e-mails from the ad and it's only been an hour.

Everyone is asking what is the address so they can confirm the arv. How do I filter out the time wasters or other wholesalers trying to wholesale my wholesale? I guess I don't want to blindly just throw out information to people on the internet.

I am genuinely trying to find a good rehabber to take over this project from me. It's in my neighborhood and I care about my reputation.

Any thoughts here guys and gals?

0Reply
15 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Chandler, AZ · Member since 2014 · 303 posts · 101 votes
    11y

    @Account Closed You could ask your interested buyers to only drive by the property without bothering the homeowners. Then if they are still interested, you could set a time with the homeowners to show the inside of the property.

  • Real Estate Professional · West Palm Beach, FL · Member since 2012 · 23k+ posts · 13k+ votes
    11y

    Try to vet out the wholesalers.  If they say they rehab, have them tell you the name they rehab in, verify it, and look up their past rehabs.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.