Cold Calling Pre-Foreclosure

Cold Calling Pre-Foreclosure

Investor · Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2019 · 24 posts · 9 votes

I recently cold called a list of approximately 500 pre-foreclosure properties and had a much lower answer rate than I normally have. It makes sense to me that if they are getting foreclosed on, they probably have people calling them for other debts as well so they just don't answer the phone.

I was wondering others experienced this low answer rate as well with pre-foreclosure lists? Also, is it better to just do direct mail to these lists instead?

0Reply
66 views

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Specialist · Bothell, WA · Member since 2014 · 268 posts · 80 votes
    2y

    How many people answered the phone? 500 is a pretty small sample size so maybe it was just a bad list/bad luck. Also, if you call anyone from the same number does it show up as spam likely? That will KILL your contact rate in its tracks, I run a call center for Real Estate so deal with these issues all the time.

  • Investor · Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2019 · 24 posts · 9 votes
    2y

    I think I may have just had some bad luck. I got better results the second time going through it. I definitely need a bigger list but I was testing out a power dialer. Thanks for the feedback.

  • Wholesaler · Fayetteville NC · Member since 2023 · 15 posts · 2 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Jeffrey Sommer:

    I recently cold called a list of approximately 500 pre-foreclosure properties and had a much lower answer rate than I normally have. It makes sense to me that if they are getting foreclosed on, they probably have people calling them for other debts as well so they just don't answer the phone.

    I was wondering others experienced this low answer rate as well with pre-foreclosure lists? Also, is it better to just do direct mail to these lists instead?


     Dont call! Text! They think its a bank!

  • Specialist · Bothell, WA · Member since 2014 · 268 posts · 80 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Lucky Luck:
    Quote from @Jeffrey Sommer:

    I recently cold called a list of approximately 500 pre-foreclosure properties and had a much lower answer rate than I normally have. It makes sense to me that if they are getting foreclosed on, they probably have people calling them for other debts as well so they just don't answer the phone.

    I was wondering others experienced this low answer rate as well with pre-foreclosure lists? Also, is it better to just do direct mail to these lists instead?


     Dont call! Text! They think its a bank!


     why not both?

  • Member since 2024 · 17 posts · 5 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Jeffrey Sommer:

    I recently cold called a list of approximately 500 pre-foreclosure properties and had a much lower answer rate than I normally have. It makes sense to me that if they are getting foreclosed on, they probably have people calling them for other debts as well so they just don't answer the phone.

    I was wondering others experienced this low answer rate as well with pre-foreclosure lists? Also, is it better to just do direct mail to these lists instead?


     What are you using to gather your lists? 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.