Wholesaling

User Stats

Votes
Jad Rahouly
Votes |
Do I Need A License To Wholesale In California

Jad Rahouly
Posted Apr 4 2024, 19:07

And can you guys recommend me on how to get into the wholesaling game and how to learn (Books, courses, etc....)

User Stats

Votes
David Ramirez#4 Wholesaling Contributor
  • Wholesaler
  • Tampa, FL
Votes |
  • Wholesaler
  • Tampa, FL
Replied Apr 5 2024, 06:54

From what I know as of the end of last year, you didn't need a license to wholesale real estate in California.

Wholesaling is 70% sales and marketing, so I recommend consuming related content. Chris Voss's negotiation course was beneficial for me. If you're looking for a real estate book, I highly recommend "Estimating Rehab Costs" by J. Scott.

User Stats

Votes
Erik Estrada
Lender
#2 Private Lending & Conventional Mortgage Advice Contributor
  • Lender
Votes |
Lender
#2 Private Lending & Conventional Mortgage Advice Contributor
  • Lender
Replied Apr 5 2024, 08:29
Quote from @Jad Rahouly:

And can you guys recommend me on how to get into the wholesaling game and how to learn (Books, courses, etc....)

No you do not need a license to wholesale real estate. The best way to learn is to get your hands dirty. Make calls, fail a 1000x, until you carve your own path. 

There isn't a book that will lay a roadmap and get you the success you need. If not everyone would be rich. 

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Bryant Brislin
Pro Member
  • Developer
  • Irvine, CA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Developer
  • Irvine, CA
Replied Apr 5 2024, 09:22

You don't need a license, but like any other business, you would work with someone who is experienced.  You don't want to mess with seller's lives and make their lives more complicated.

Cash Source Homes Logo