Skip to content
Pro Members Get Full Access
Succeed in real estate investing with proven toolkits that have helped thousands of aspiring and existing investors achieve financial freedom.
$0 TODAY
$32.50/month, billed annually after your 7-day trial.
Cancel anytime
Find the right properties and ace your analysis
Market Finder with key investor metrics for all US markets, plus a list of recommended markets.
Deal Finder with investor-focused filters and notifications for new properties
Unlimited access to 9+ rental analysis calculators and rent estimator tools
Off-market deal finding software from Invelo ($638 value)
Supercharge your network
Pro profile badge
Pro exclusive community forums and threads
Build your landlord command center
All-in-one property management software from RentRedi ($240 value)
Portfolio monitoring and accounting from Stessa
Lawyer-approved lease agreement packages for all 50-states ($4,950 value) *annual subscribers only
Shortcut the learning curve
Live Q&A sessions with experts
Webinar replay archive
50% off investing courses ($290 value)
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 2 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Wholesaling
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Kyler B.
Votes |
AI Finds 1,000s of Physically Distressed Homes

Kyler B.
Posted Aug 18 2023, 07:06

AI can do driving for dollars and it's 102.3X - 300X more efficient than manually or virtually driving for dollars... follow the math below:

The major difference between manually (or virtually) driving for dollars, and using AI, is the efficiency and cost savings. AI visually scans thousands of homes for physical distress and can complete the D4D job in minutes - not hours or days.

Here is an example.. Let's say you want to build a lead list of 1,000 physically distressed homes in a target zip code with a distress rate of 10%. This means you would have to drive by 10,000 homes, and review each home to look for different signs of distress.

Now imagine that it takes on average 10 seconds (some homes may take 1 second, while others may take 120 seconds) to quickly look at each home for physical distress. To review 10,000 homes it will take 100,000 seconds, which is equal to 1,666 minutes, which is equal to 27.7 hours. This number does not include the time it takes to drive to the target neighborhood or zip code - so lets be conservative and add another 3 hours since you would have to do multiple trips to your target neighborhood or zip code to review 10,000 homes. So in total time to review 10,000 homes, it takes around 30.7 hours..

AI can complete this entire job for you around 18 minutes… That’s 102.3X more efficient. An entire blog could be written about the cost of manually driving for dollars… such as paying for gas, depreciation on your vehicle, the cost of your time, etc.

In another example, imagine you are virtually driving for dollars in the same target neighborhood and zip code.. This will take you even longer to get 1,000 leads. It took me (who is a coffee addict and very quick with the computer) 9 hours to review 1,000 homes for physical distress. Now if I wanted to review 10,000 homes, that would have taken me 90 hours.

AI can complete this entire job for you around 18 minutes…That’s 300X more efficient.

In conclusion, you get the same outcome from using AI, and manually (or virtually) driving for dollars. Although with AI you are 102.3X - 300X more efficient and it costs significantly less. We all know that REI and wholesaling is a numbers game...

Loading replies...