Buying property to rent to parents
Hi everyone - I'm a licensed Realtor in Tampa Fl. My ultimate goal has always been to obtain 5-10 properties just to gain the long term equity as I work (more than) full time and don't need the cash flow. A great opportunity came up as my parents are planning to move down here to sunny Florida in the next 9 months and want to rent for a while to get used to the area while they look for a permanent home. We discussed that I could possibly buy a home and have them rent from me. My worry is that my parents have a very high standard of living and it could force me into buying a more expensive house than I want, or that I could be buying a house that's not really tailored to my long term investment goals (for example my mom really wants a pool but I don't want to buy a rental with a pool because I know future renters wont take care of it etc) My gf is a little house crazy right now too so shes obviously pushing for very expensive forevor home to live in and I don't necessarily want to buy a forevor home (at least not right now) I want a great investment opportunity. Am I crazy for second guessing this potentially awesome opportunity or should I stick to something a bit more reasonable and in-line with my permanent rental goals?