Looking for a house hacking property near Boston MA.

Looking for a house hacking property near Boston MA.

Member since 2022 · 27 posts · 26 votes

Hey guys. 

I just got accepted to MCPHS medical school in Boston, Massechusetts. What I want to do before September (when the school year starts) is find something like a 4 or 5 bedroom house and then live in one of the bedrooms and rent the other bedrooms out to other medical students. Personally I am not sure what investing out of state looks like, and I would truly feel incredulous if I could get help from any of you amazing friends here on bigger pockets! Maybe you know someone who knows someone? Let me know! 

Thanks! 

0Reply
17 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Agent · Beverly, MA · Member since 2019 · 358 posts · 308 votes
2y

Hi @Felix Lilly, Congrats! I went to school at Northeastern so very familiar with the area. I am an agent and 2x house hacker just north of Boston. Always willing to help where I can! How familiar are you with that area? Single families are much less common, it's mostly multifamilies. Definitely a hefty price tag but if you can get something maybe on mission hill, you could easily rent it out to students forever. Really depends on the vibes you are looking for! Feel free to connect. 

See this reply in the discussion

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Devin PetersonBusiness Member
    Lender · Sarasota, FL · Member since 2022 · 2k+ posts · 664 votes
    2y

    Hey Felix! Local to Boston area would love to help you out!

  • Real Estate Agent · Beverly, MA · Member since 2019 · 358 posts · 308 votes
    2y

    Hi @Felix Lilly, Congrats! I went to school at Northeastern so very familiar with the area. I am an agent and 2x house hacker just north of Boston. Always willing to help where I can! How familiar are you with that area? Single families are much less common, it's mostly multifamilies. Definitely a hefty price tag but if you can get something maybe on mission hill, you could easily rent it out to students forever. Really depends on the vibes you are looking for! Feel free to connect. 

  • Real Estate Agent · Charlotte, NC · Member since 2021 · 147 posts · 150 votes
    2y

    Hey @Felix Lilly! 

    Congrats on medical school! Albeit a challenging road ahead, but very rewarding. A fellow clinician & investor myself. Best of luck with school!

    I remember listening to a BP Rookie epsiode that sounds like it would help you! 

    https://www.biggerpockets.com/blog/rookie-372

    I think they mention investing in a nearby smaller city with more affordability, but great investment indicators. Providence maybe?

    I hope you make some good connections here and they help guide you on your journey. 

    Take care

    -Ant

  • Real Estate Agent · Charlotte, NC · Member since 2021 · 147 posts · 150 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Daniel McDonald:

    Hi @Felix Lilly, Congrats! I went to school at Northeastern so very familiar with the area. I am an agent and 2x house hacker just north of Boston. Always willing to help where I can! How familiar are you with that area? Single families are much less common, it's mostly multifamilies. Definitely a hefty price tag but if you can get something maybe on mission hill, you could easily rent it out to students forever. Really depends on the vibes you are looking for! Feel free to connect. 

    And just like that, @Daniel McDonald... A great connection to make! 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.