Curious what design trends are resonating with buyers this year?

Curious what design trends are resonating with buyers this year?

Realtor · Harford County, MD · Member since 2020 · 118 posts · 33 votes

Hi everyone,

I’m in the middle of a flip right now and it’s had me thinking a lot about design choices—what actually connects with buyers vs. what just looks good on Pinterest. I try to stay on top of trends, but honestly, sometimes it feels like a guessing game. Just when I think I’ve nailed the "look," feedback comes in that it felt too cold, too trendy, or just… not quite right.

I’ve been leaning into warmer tones and natural materials lately—trying to create homes that feel inviting and grounded. But I’m still learning, and I know tastes shift quickly, depending on the market, the buyer, and even the vibe of the neighborhood.

I’d love to hear what others are noticing. Have you tried something new design-wise that really surprised you (in a good way or not-so-good way)? Are there details or finishes that have helped your flips stand out?

I really admire the collective experience in this community, and I’d love to learn from what’s working for you—big or small. I’m always open to new ideas and would be grateful to hear your thoughts.

Thanks for reading 🙏

0Reply
23 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • MD/DC · Member since 2024 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    1y

    I'm also going with warmer colors but staying with the modern minimalist look for now. I check out HGTV to stay up on overall trends as well as MLS for well done local listings. If you don't have an eye for design I'd recommend hiring someone.

  • Investor · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2025 · 13 posts · 5 votes
    1y

    HGTV and MLS are great ideas! And true, probably better to hire a designer than end up missing out on ROI because the property doesn't look great.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.