Market Trends & Data

User Stats

Votes
Derek Nemec
Votes |
Investor loans (DSCR, NONQM, etc.) projection

Derek Nemec
Posted Feb 21 2024, 09:23

Do you believe, with what data is available, that interest rates are expected to fall substantially enough (within the next 365 days) that it would simply make sense to wait instead of jumping in with such loan products due to their current high rates/PPP's?

User Stats

Votes
Austin Clarence
Lender
  • Lender
  • Phoenix, AZ
Votes |
Lender
  • Lender
  • Phoenix, AZ
Replied Feb 21 2024, 12:54

Hi Derek, There are more DSCR options than you think that have no prepayment features. Some of my best priced DSCR investors I work with as a broker do not have prepayment clauses.

When rates fall tons of homebuyers are going to enter the market and it will become even more of a sellers market. 

User Stats

Votes
Mike Morehead
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Minnesota
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Minnesota
Replied Feb 21 2024, 16:19
Quote from @Austin Clarence:

Hi Derek, There are more DSCR options than you think that have no prepayment features. Some of my best priced DSCR investors I work with as a broker do not have prepayment clauses.

When rates fall tons of homebuyers are going to enter the market and it will become even more of a sellers market. 

What are your rates for these DSCR loans without prepayment penalties?  Points?
BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Jay Thomas
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
Replied Feb 23 2024, 07:48

Let's talk about interest rates without getting all fancy. The future is a bit uncertain – some folks say rates might go down, but no one's sure. It's like predicting the weather, and things can change fast. Waiting around might mean missing out on good deals, especially in busy places like Houston. Sure, rates might seem a bit high now, but think of it as an investment for later in the real estate game. It all depends on your situation. Ready to jump into homeownership? Can you handle today's rates? Got other money tricks up your sleeve? These are the real questions. Instead of trying to guess the future, let's talk smart moves:

First,chat with a lender, get pre-approved, and figure out your budget with today's rates.Stay in the loop with market trends and economic news, but don't let them stress you out.Think about different loan options – it's not just about the lowest rate.And seriously, don't wait for the "perfect" market. It might never show up. Consider your options, weigh the good and bad, and make a move based on your own situation. It's your game, after all.

User Stats

Votes
Austin Clarence
Lender
  • Lender
  • Phoenix, AZ
Votes |
Lender
  • Lender
  • Phoenix, AZ
Replied Feb 23 2024, 08:13
Quote from @Mike Morehead:
Quote from @Austin Clarence:

What are your rates for these DSCR loans without prepayment penalties?  Points?

I sent you PM, thanks

User Stats

Votes
Katherine Blazer
  • Lender
  • Tampa/St. Petersburg/Sarasota FL and Knoxville/Sevierville/Maryville, TN
Votes |
  • Lender
  • Tampa/St. Petersburg/Sarasota FL and Knoxville/Sevierville/Maryville, TN
Replied Feb 23 2024, 10:18

@Derek Nemec, if you strongly believe that they will fall substantially in the next 12 months, then I could consider buying the PPP for 1 year. Don't forget to account for the points and refinance fees you will pay for the new loan as well. I have not personally seen it make sense to pay for a no ppp in a dscr. 

I don't believe waiting is the right decision, but I do believe in putting together a strategy to maximize your opportunity.