JOBS in RE that would help w/future goals too?

JOBS in RE that would help w/future goals too?

Member since 2017 · 28 posts · 8 votes
My husband recently lost his job so we are currently without an income. I am therefore looking for something that would create immediate income (ie a job), but one that would help move my investing/retirement goals forward.  Meaning I would learn a lot that I can use and apply to that.  My background...topped out sales compensation plans in both companies I did sales for, including in a global role for a anti-virus software company, selling to the world's largest telco's.  Volunteered to help some real estate professionals I heard at a seminar (wanted to learn all I could), and used what I learned to do several large land flips on my own, locating the off-market properties and negotiating with seller; later packaging and marketing them and negotiating sales.  Currently own 13 doors (SMF), all of which pay for themselves plus a bit extra, but nothing to live off of (or even close to that).  THEN, I adopted 4 kids from Haiti and Guatemala and somehow 17 years have gone by......  

Any ideas or suggestions for something in really ANY aspect of the industry that would create immediate and relatively significant cash-flow (still raising 4 teens, and have a decent sized budget to cover every month) with my background??  Ideally something that would help me learn more that I could apply to obtaining retirement goals (significant passive cash-flow)? 

Thanks in advance.
0Reply
18 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Lender · Fort Lauderdale, FL (Lending in FL CT GA MI PA) · Member since 2022 · 470 posts · 349 votes
    3y

    This may not be immediate enough, but if you are great at sales and know how to evaluate properties, real estate agent seems like a good fit. 

  • Investor · Austin, TX · Member since 2021 · 9k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    3y

    You can either take a commission or hourly job. This depends on your self believe and financial position. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.