Sam Burnoski
  • Schaumburg, IL
Votes |
Real Estate School of Illinois for Broker Prelicense Coursework

Sam Burnoski
  • Schaumburg, IL
Posted Jul 23 2017, 17:16

Hello,

I am looking to obtain my Illinois broker's license and was wondering if anyone has done the online pre-licensing courses (75 and 15 hour) through the Real Estate School of Illinois.

I am going to be taking online courses and their prices seem reasonable. If anyone could share their experience with this company it would be a huge help.

Thanks!

User Stats

Votes
Replied Jan 17 2019, 05:40

Is the 75 hour course final exam done the same way as the quizzes after ever unit or will I need to attend somewhere to take it.  I sent a request to the school yesterday, but I dont know what to expect for the course final.  I have read the posts within this forum, but Im not seeing how to prepare for this course final. HELP! 

User Stats

Votes
Replied Sep 17 2020, 10:29
Originally posted by @Sam Burnoski:

John Covi Jr I am happy to help as I had some of the same questions.

1. There is no book with the 15 hr section. It's only case studies. You read a scenario, you take a short quiz about it, then the instructor (a recording, not live) walks through the scenario and all the questions.

2. It says you can only complete it during the day (the times you referenced), but I found that you can work on the lessons outside of those hours. I never logged out and I was able to complete the sessions over a weekend. I think I spent 4-5 hours on a Friday, a few hours on Saturday, then a couple hours on Sunday then I was done. It was very quick.

You will have no problem getting through this portion after the 75 hr part.

Also I wound up going with Kale Realty. They are 100% commission and had low fees compared to the others I looked up. The icing on the cake, though, is that they do actually provide a ton of support for their brokers as well. During my onboarding I told them I was surprised about how much they offer their brokers in support, and they very transparently said that there was no reason not to. They don't want people to leave disgruntled because then they lose the money that they pay in fees, and if they offer support, their brokers are less likely to mess up and cause legal issues.
It just makes sense for their business model to work.
They have support people dedicated to transactions, investing, marketing and more available to you everyday whenever you need them.

There isn't a ton of lead generation help, there is some, and I'm sure if you asked for it they would help you more, but if you join a 100% commission brokerage, you're not really looking for that. So this isn't a problem for me as I am mainly an investor.

I feel like I'm making them sound too good to be true haha but I am not benefiting from telling you this

I would recommend them, but do some research! Maybe you'll find an even better fit.

@Sam Burnoski How are you?? Thank you so much for posting this thread it has been very helpful for me!! I finished all my course work at the Real Estate School of Illinois (got it for $150 this summer woohoo!) and just studying for the start test to take soon.  You answered all the questions I had along the way haha 

As far as managing brokers, I am curious what your experience has been like for Kale Realty?  I am getting my license primarily to wholesale and purchase my own investments but may look into other things I can do with my license.  Did you like it there?  Did they provide any training?  Assistance when you needed help?  Provide contracts and those types of things?  Did they say they would assist with leads at all if you wanted to sell homes?

Any info would be appreciated.  Thank you!!

Danielle 

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes