Skip to content
Pro Members Get Full Access
Succeed in real estate investing with proven toolkits that have helped thousands of aspiring and existing investors achieve financial freedom.
$0 TODAY
$32.50/month, billed annually after your 7-day trial.
Cancel anytime
Find the right properties and ace your analysis
Market Finder with key investor metrics for all US markets, plus a list of recommended markets.
Deal Finder with investor-focused filters and notifications for new properties
Unlimited access to 9+ rental analysis calculators and rent estimator tools
Off-market deal finding software from Invelo ($638 value)
Supercharge your network
Pro profile badge
Pro exclusive community forums and threads
Build your landlord command center
All-in-one property management software from RentRedi ($240 value)
Portfolio monitoring and accounting from Stessa
Lawyer-approved lease agreement packages for all 50-states ($4,950 value) *annual subscribers only
Shortcut the learning curve
Live Q&A sessions with experts
Webinar replay archive
50% off investing courses ($290 value)
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 2 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Ask About A Real Estate Company
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Danielle Thomas
  • Miami, FL
Votes |
Option One Mortgage Corp

Danielle Thomas
  • Miami, FL
Posted Jan 22 2015, 08:11

Does anyone know what bank took over Option One Mortgage Corp. I'm interested in a property which they were the lenders. I've read a few article online saying  the were bought out by a gentlemen by the name of Wilbur Ross. I've done a million google search and still nothing. If anyone in the forum has any information on this bank please reply. Thank You

Real Estate Rocks

User Stats

Votes
Dion DePaoli
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Northwest Indiana, IN
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Northwest Indiana, IN
Replied Jan 22 2015, 09:14

Option One Mortgage Corporation named changed to Sand Canyon Corporation.  

Sand Canyon Corporation is an investor and not a Mortgage Servicer so interfacing with SCC will be difficult.  American Home Mortgage Servicing is one of the parent company's servicing arms but the loan 'could' be with another servicer like Ocwen Loan Servicing.   Or any of the other large servicers.  

You can try AHMS first as just a shot in the dark.  There is a chance it is there.  If they do not have it you might have to look up the assignments or even better would simply be a coupon from the Borrower to see who is servicing it.  

Good Luck.

User Stats

Votes
Danielle Thomas
  • Miami, FL
Votes |
  • Miami, FL
Replied Jan 22 2015, 17:19

Thank you, the information given was very helpful.  I'll let you know the outcome. I have been eyeing this property for some time. The neighborhoods says it had been abandon for the past seven years. It has the potential to be a great flip depending on how much the bank is asking. The door were open so I was able to have my contractors go in and give me an estimate.  I need all the luck I can get to retain this property. Thanks again 

Rent To Retirement logo
Rent To Retirement
|
Sponsored
Turnkey Rentals 12+ States. SFR, MF & New Builds, High ROI! 3.99% rates, 5% down loans, below market prices across the US! Txt REI to 33777

User Stats

Votes
Caleb Charles
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Randolph, MA
Votes |
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Randolph, MA
Replied Oct 20 2015, 09:09

@Danielle ThomasI was searching online for Sandy Canyon Corporation and this post came up. Did you ever find out any other information or contacts? I have a property I am looking at and Sandy Canyon Corporation was the last investor as a grantor. I'd like to know who services the loan. There are notices on the door with phone numbers directing to Wells Fargo, but they've backed the loan, and not actually the servicer. 

@Dion DePaoliSince you've last posted this have any other info on the loan servicer?

Any info would be great.

Thanks!

Caleb