New to Real Estate · Danville, PA · Member since 2022 · 23 posts · 13 votes
Good afternoon everyone! I just wanted to introduce myself to the forums as well as see if there are any investors/ people of experience in my area. I recently moved to Danville, PA (about an hour from Harrisburg, 2.5 hours from Philly) I am a newbie in the real estate space but have been doing tons of research for a little over a year and will have my first property in the next few months! I’m super excited, I will be utilizing the house hacking strategy. Just hoping for tips for a new investor like myself in all areas of the business that can help make this first step a little easier, as well as hopefully connect with others nearby. I have looked into it but there are no real estate groups/meetups/meetings nearby. Thanks all & hope everyone has a great day!
Danville, PA · Member since 2015 · 48 posts · 10 votes
4y
Hey Nicholas I'm actually a Realtor in this area, as well as doing my own live in flip. You are correct, there aren't any real estate groups locally. I was going to try to put something together pre-COVID, and it's been on the back burner for now.
What market are you attempting to buy in? This area is generally categorized by School District. The top 3 school districts would be Lewisburg, Central and Danville. Home's in these markets tend to carry a bit more of a price tag due to the school district.
Danville can be a tough market to purchase in, as we have a 3 year cycle of doctors coming in at Geisinger. Due to great financing they will purchase at any price because they know they won't be here for the long haul. However, Danville does have a great working class neighborhoods as well.
New to Real Estate · Danville, PA · Member since 2022 · 23 posts · 13 votes
4y
Good evening Jacob, thanks so much for the quick response! I initially wanted to purchase in Lewisburg but have been looking in many townships including Danville, Bloom, Milton, Lewisburg etc.. I learned Mifflinburg has the perks of Lewisburg without the super high annual taxes, so I have been looking there, but I’ve also been keeping an eye on all multi family in the area. Considering the limited amount available I try to look over all new properties that pop up on Zillow and other real estate apps & sites. Would it be possible to maybe meet for coffee sometime? My treat of course!
New to Real Estate · Bloomsburg, PA · Member since 2021 · 2 posts · 3 votes
4y
Follow on Facebook the "PA Investment Property Owners" group. Monthly meet ups are posted. Lots of local information and connections for Lewisburg/Danville/Bloomsburg area.