100 Bandit Signs out...Not oooone call.

100 Bandit Signs out...Not oooone call.

Real Estate Investor · Winter Park, FL · Member since 2009 · 94 posts · 124 votes

I've read through the forum and I don't think I've come across any threads where someone has had a 0% response rate.

My sign was a basic 18x24, yellow sign with black lettering:

WE BUY HOUSES
xxx-xxx-xxxx

Placed at major intersections in 3 different areas. This was 5 days ago.

Is there anything I can do if competition is picking up my signs?

I ask because I hired others to put the signs out late Friday night (actually they decided on 12-2 am). I checked for the signs on Sat. morning to make sure they were put out as specified. Many locations were without signs.

I asked my help about it and they were adimant about where the signs were placed and I believe them.

I received a call from another wholesaler who said he was "returning my call". (I never called him). He's the main/only competition as far as signs are concerned.

I found myself saying hmmm...I can't help but to wonder.

Furthermore, I'm meeting with him in the am, per his invite, to talk about properties we both have and simply put faces to voices.

Do any of you have any suggestions as to how to relay skepticism without accusing? I just want to send a strong message because I am using the last of my marketing dollars over the next couple of months. I'm prepared to have them pulled up on Monday by code enforcement. Not by competition hrs after they're put out
:nono:

1Reply
114 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Dallas, TX · Member since 2009 · 66 posts · 19 votes
15y

It's Not What You Ask, It's How You Ask It....
Dear Mr. Wholesaler, Someone Has Been Taking Down My Signs...Have You Been Having Any Problems With Someone Removing Your Signs... Then Sit Back Watch His Reactions and Answer...

See this reply in the discussion

31 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Investor · Normal, IL · Member since 2010 · 15 posts · 0 votes
    15y

    Not much of competition if there spending there time taking your signs down...I would like to think its someone wiht nothing better to do, or one of the city inspectors flunkies.

  • Wholesaler · Scottsdale, AZ · Member since 2011 · 73 posts · 17 votes
    15y

    I have contacts with a few of the smaller cities in the Phoenix Metro Area...ie Mesa, Chandler and Gilbert. Most of the Time the signs are picked up on certain days like Tuesday & Thursday and the work is sub contracted out to cleaning crews. The Late Friday or the weekend is the best time to place the signs, and right off the highway at the "NO TURN ON RED" Sign.

    I have posted signs when I was Marketing a "Principle Reduction Program" last year, and we would get about 30-50 calls a days

    If you want it done right...do it your self

  • Specialist · Jacksonville, FL · Member since 2008 · 140 posts · 14 votes
    15y

    I put out signs every weekend. I get great response when finding buyers but little response when looking for sellers. Better for sellers when using direct mail. I will say this, I have been using signs to sell properties and have sold almost all of my deals that way. They are taken down pretty quickly(by city patrol and other wholesalers) but I continue to put them out because my results are great. Oh and by the way, for those that are against signs I wonder do you feel the same way when it's election time and everywhere is flooded with signs by your local city council doing the same marketing.

  • Contractor · Washington, Washington D.C. · Member since 2011 · 29 posts · 9 votes
    15y

    This thread has been VERY interesting. We are in the DC city limits and so there's no point but I see the signs all over when I go to MD and VA. I've been focusing more on free papers, web sites, and direct mail because of sign drama, but I had no idea it was this deep.

    I agree you should put out the signs yourself, plus it'll stretch your ad dollars.

    I also agree with going with the hand written signs. You can even pay a kid to write it if it's a time issue. I pay 50 cents an envelope for one who writes notes and addresses envelopes for me.

    It may just all boil down to your particular town being EXTREMELY sign unfriendly. If you are really, really wanting to get to the bottom of it do a stake out. If you see a superman t-shirt you know what's happening.

  • Specialist · Greenville, SC · Member since 2011 · 83 posts · 41 votes
    14y

    How many signs does it take to get 50 calls.

    Originally posted by Bryan A.:
    glad you're getting some calls, but make sure they're real leads and youre not just getting excited abuot calls....when i put out signs, i usually have to take at least 50 calls before an actual deal is presented
  • Wholesaler · Charleston, SC · Member since 2008 · 172 posts · 5 votes
    14y

    Are you sure that your signs are still up where you posted them?

  • Real Estate Investor · Columbia, MD · Member since 2011 · 24 posts · 2 votes
    14y

    I know for my business signs have worked for me when finding buyers real easily. But for finding sellers is a pure waste of time and energy.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.