What is the best website to post for rentals?

What is the best website to post for rentals?

Real Estate Investor · los angeles, CA · Member since 2009 · 10 posts · 0 votes

Don't mention craigslist, too many adds, and no responses. As soon as you post, your listing goes at the bottom of the page.

Can somene recommend a website for listing. I thought about realtor.com but i don't know how successful they are with rentals, i know they are good for selling, but i am not sure about renting.

I thought about the local paper, but i am not sure if anyone reads the paper anymore, the classified section is non-existant.

Any advice would be appreciated.

0Reply
22 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Broker · Rochester Hills, MI · Member since 2009 · 2k+ posts · 2k+ votes
17y

LOL - Don't mention the best site to get rentals - whatever you do!

So - I won't mention it but that is the best online tool I use - hands down - bar none.

Backpage is okay - many others like it - but frankly because the other one works so well I don't waste my time anymore - i will from time to time - but that one is the best.

Play around with your ad if your not getting calls - also make sure your ads are showing up and are not ghosted.

See this reply in the discussion

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Broker · Rochester Hills, MI · Member since 2009 · 2k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    17y

    LOL - Don't mention the best site to get rentals - whatever you do!

    So - I won't mention it but that is the best online tool I use - hands down - bar none.

    Backpage is okay - many others like it - but frankly because the other one works so well I don't waste my time anymore - i will from time to time - but that one is the best.

    Play around with your ad if your not getting calls - also make sure your ads are showing up and are not ghosted.

  • Real Estate Investor · Portland, OR · Member since 2009 · 660 posts · 244 votes
    17y

    Ditto what Scott said ... the unmentioned has proven time and time again to be highly effective at least in Portland, Oregon!

  • Real Estate Coach · Highland, IN · Member since 2009 · 151 posts · 77 votes
    17y

    Ray

    If you are using C****L***, and not getting results, maybe consider tweeking your ad to get the results you are looking for.

    I use C****L*** with lots of success ( one or so vacancy per week) and have never dropped to the bottom of the page unless 50 people posted the instant after I do.

    Post a video on Youtube, we also use backpage, kijjii,

    What this question is really is about marketing...

    There are 3 keys to marketing, the Message, the Media, and the Market.

    What you are saying, the message. What does it say, does it show flexibility, is it tastefully done? Or is it simply, fro rent 3 bedroom 1200 per month.

    Does the message scream CALL ME...

    #2 Media - What media are you using to post the ad. C****L*** is by far the leader in the online marketplace, for one reason, its free. It is in most market areas, and you can use HTML to create a gorgeous ad. We use video to tour thr house and get it on youtube,viddler, and other websites. We also use facebook and Twitter to get the ads out. I have an email list of everyone who called in the past send a blast out to them as well.

    Here's a few more places... Backdoor.com Hotpads, Oodle, and Vast. But By far the best online classified ad puller is C****L***.

    Finally the Market, who are sending the message to. By targeting who gets your message, you can zero in on the specific tenant you are looking for. Before I place my ad, I determine the qualities if the candidate I am looking for. The income level, family size etc. Then I can market off line in those areas with flyers, signs etc.

    Hope that helps... but hands down C****L*** is the best puller in out business.

    Tony

  • Foreclosure Specialist · Long Beach, CA · Member since 2008 · 6 posts · 0 votes
    17y

    I create my ads on postlets.com and it automatically goes to various websites including CL (which generates the best responses). The ads look great and it's free.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.