Culpeper, VA · Member since 2016 · 7 posts · 1 vote
I am new to the wholesaling real estate gig but I have been researching and studying for weeks now literally non stop. I'm getting ready to start my direct mail marketing campaign and I'm going to use post cards. I've hit somewhat of a wall as I have never made a postcard and know nothing about how to create them or what to put on them and I would like some advice. I'm going to use the large colored postcards next I need to figure out if I should hire someone to create a design for me or if I should do it myself or go to one of the many direct mail websites and suck it up and pay 700 bucks for 1000 postcards. but I just know that there has to be a simpler way. Please if anyone could give some advice I would appreciate it.
First of all, welcome the the BP Community! You're in the right place to learn, ask questions, and connect.
As for your questions, you have to look at the value of your time and at your strengths. It is tempting to do your direct mail in house, and in some cases is the right way to go, however, if you do not have the knowledge and/or skills to accomplish your goal in a timely manor, it may end up costing you more and cause unnecessary frustration. There are quite a few companies that can do this for you, in fact, most are on BP. Shop around and see some of the templates and designs they offer, even if only to get some ideas.
Whatever you decide, I wish you success! Let me know if I can help in any way. :-)
First of all, welcome the the BP Community! You're in the right place to learn, ask questions, and connect.
As for your questions, you have to look at the value of your time and at your strengths. It is tempting to do your direct mail in house, and in some cases is the right way to go, however, if you do not have the knowledge and/or skills to accomplish your goal in a timely manor, it may end up costing you more and cause unnecessary frustration. There are quite a few companies that can do this for you, in fact, most are on BP. Shop around and see some of the templates and designs they offer, even if only to get some ideas.
Whatever you decide, I wish you success! Let me know if I can help in any way. :-)
Culpeper, VA · Member since 2016 · 7 posts · 1 vote
10y
I have an online website working on my design. Do you think it would be a good idea for them to include a picture of myself on the back so that it's basically connecting a face to the number they're calling?
Investor · Northern, VA · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 904 votes
10y
@Daniel Clay - As a newbie direct mailer (which you seem to be) you should also focus on your target market and your business strategy. OK you have decided to do a direct mail campaign? But whom are you targeting? Pre Foreclosures? Landlords? Distressed properties? How often do you plan in sending them? Most people get success from sending them at regular intervals. If I were you, I would fine tune these details first and then worry about the cosmetic details. Perhaps not the exact advice you asked for, but I thought I would pitch in with my two cents.
Culpeper, VA · Member since 2016 · 7 posts · 1 vote
10y
My first mailing will be to a tax delinquent list that I have already pulled along with distressed houses that i found from driving around and my second mailing will be to absentee owners. I will mail out to the exact people every four weeks. I have everything down except what the content will be on the cards
Culpeper, VA · Member since 2016 · 7 posts · 1 vote
10y
I just don't want to send out my postcards and spend all this money and not get anything back because I worded something wrong or didn't use the right colors
Unfortunately, there isn't really any ONE way that is best. It could be different from one market to the next. One investor may have success with a pink postcard with a picture, while another has better results with an orange postcard and no picture. You're going to need to test your market.
Keep in mind that the average response rates with postcards is typically .5%. I know that seems like a low response rate, but the majority of those calls tend to be quality calls. Also, direct mail tends to work best when you send a campaign of 5-7 different pieces, 3-5 weeks apart from each other. Follow ups are key as the average person takes 3-5 touches before picking up the phone to respond.
Meaning different types of mailers: postcards, yellow letters, typed letters, zip letters, etc. Change up the presentation to keep your message from being thrown out because it looks too familiar.
Flipper/Rehabber · Willow Grove, PA · Member since 2015 · 355 posts · 104 votes
10y
@Daniel clay -- I'll answer your postcard design question. Go to click2mail.com and you can download a word document with several different postcard sizes. Once you create your marketing message, just upload to their website or whoever else you choose.