Skip to content
Marketing Your Property

User Stats

Votes

Looking for tips for writing a rental listing

Posted Jun 1 2023, 08:56

Hey, I'm about to make for first listing to rent out my single family home. I have all my criteria set up, I'm just not too sure what to write in the description.  Does anyone have any tips about what to write in the description, maybe some type of template?

User Stats

Votes
Amir Khan
  • Investor
  • Coppell, TX
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Coppell, TX
Replied Jun 1 2023, 09:10

@Michael Maliszesky I am sure there are templates out there. I used following prompt for ChatGpt to create a template for this purpose (you can tweak it to your liking):

PROMPT:

You are the owner of a single family home and you want to rent it out. You have to create a rental listing for prospects to know about your home. Create a template that can be used to create a listing that allows user to input key features of the property.

OUTPUT TEMPLATE:

Spacious Single Family Home for Rent

Welcome to our charming single family home available for rent! This beautiful residence is perfect for those seeking comfort, convenience, and a peaceful living environment. With [number of bedrooms] bedrooms and [number of bathrooms] bathrooms, this home offers ample space for you and your family.

Property Overview:

• Monthly Rent: [Enter the desired monthly rent]
  • Available From: [Enter the date when the property will be available for rent]

Key Features:

1. Bedrooms: [Enter the number of bedrooms]
  2. Bathrooms: [Enter the number of bathrooms]
  3. Square Footage: [Enter the total square footage of the property]
  4. Parking: [Enter the availability of parking spaces (e.g., garage, driveway, or street parking)]
  5. Laundry: [Enter the laundry facilities available (e.g., in-unit washer and dryer or shared laundry room)]
  6. Appliances: [Specify the appliances included (e.g., refrigerator, stove, dishwasher, microwave)]
  7. Utilities: [Indicate whether utilities are included or not]
  8. Pet-Friendly: [Specify whether pets are allowed or not]
  9. Outdoor Space: [Describe any outdoor amenities like a backyard, patio, or garden]
  10. Additional Features: [Mention any additional features like hardwood floors, fireplace, or walk-in closets]

Property Highlights:

• Spacious and well-lit interior with [describe any notable architectural details or design elements]
  • Open concept living and dining area, ideal for entertaining guests
  • Fully equipped kitchen with modern appliances and ample cabinet space
  • Relaxing master suite with a private bathroom and [mention any unique features]
  • [Add any other notable highlights or selling points of the property]

Location and Neighborhood: Situated in the heart of [City, State], our home is conveniently located near [mention nearby amenities such as schools, parks, shopping centers, and public transportation options]. Residents can enjoy the vibrant local community and take advantage of the various recreational and cultural activities in the area.

Lease Terms:

• Minimum Lease Duration: [Specify the minimum lease duration (e.g., 1 year)]
  • Security Deposit: [Enter the amount of the security deposit]
  • Background and Credit Check: [Indicate whether applicants will undergo a background and credit check]
  • Rental Application Fee: [Mention if there is an application fee and its amount]

Don't miss out on this fantastic opportunity to make our lovely single family home your own! To schedule a viewing or inquire further, please contact us at [provide contact details]. We look forward to welcoming you to your new home!

User Stats

Votes
Eliott Elias#3 BRRRR - Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat Contributor
  • Investor
  • Austin, TX
Votes |
Eliott Elias#3 BRRRR - Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat Contributor
  • Investor
  • Austin, TX
Replied Jun 1 2023, 17:00

Use chat GBT. 

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Mueid Khan
  • Investor
  • Beaverton, OR
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Beaverton, OR
Replied Jun 19 2023, 19:47

I used chatGPT for my first listing. It worked out great. 

User Stats

Votes
Tony Jarusook
Pro Member
Votes |
Pro Member
Replied Jun 19 2023, 20:44

Use ChatGPT. It works well. 

User Stats

Votes
Rene G.
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Orlando, FL
Votes |
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Orlando, FL
Replied May 23 2024, 08:28

NO! Don't use AI to write your rental listing descriptions... unless you want to miss the mark. Your target audience is renters; they are not homebuyers. If you use ChatGPT you'll get steered into writing a novel about the area they're already interested in with a bunch of fluff.

Think of it this way: the more words in your rental listing, the less likely people will read it.

Why waste time writing about the area when they're already sold on the area (that's why they are looking there)?

Why waste time writing about stuff that GOOD photos SHOULD tell about your property?

Why do you waste time answering the same questions over and over again?

Because you probably have a bad rental listing with bad photos, and the prospects aren't even reading it!

This is why I teach the mom-and-pop landlords in my skool community not to listen to what people say on the forms online. Most people are winging it 😑🫤😐