Has anyone tried to setup a rental just for doctors?

Has anyone tried to setup a rental just for doctors?

Member since 2019 · 10 posts · 2 votes

Doctors often travel and work at some hospitals for short stays. Has anyone ever specialized in this? Are there any resources you know about that I could check into.  Any information is helpful and thank you in advance.

0Reply
21 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Member since 2021 · 5 posts · 1 vote
    4y

    If you are talking about traveling for locums work, frequently the hospital will set this up for the physicians. I’m a physician at a large children’s Hospital and our hospital leases apartments for this purpose. Anytime a recruiter has contacted me about a locums job, they already having housing arranged as part of the deal. There are also many, many traveling nurses and I know that there are dedicated websites/services that advertise directly to them. I feel like traveling nurses usually have to find their own housing versus the physicians (just from my own experience; if others have different experiences, I’m sure they will chime in).


    There is a Facebook group called Doc to Doc rentals which is a network that connects physicians who have rentals with other physicians looking to rent and also to buy. I believe you have to be a physician to join the group but I don’t have Facebook, so I’m not sure. I heard about this through a friend.

  • Member since 2019 · 10 posts · 2 votes
    4y

    Amazing insight, looks like I have a little bit of work to do. This all makes sense.

    Thanks

    Vince

  • Rental Property Investor · Poynette, WI · Member since 2017 · 37 posts · 41 votes
    4y

    Vince:  Kristen gave you good advice.  Here's a bit more.  

    I used to have a place that I rented out for short-term to medical personnel (not just doctors).  The medical facility I worked for typically brought in traveling nurses and, as Kristen mentioned, there are a few facebook groups that do specialize in this. 

    I worked with our HR staff in the medical facility to make sure they knew that I had a place (was a community of only 23,000 so not a huge number of options for travellers).  I also worked with the local medical school as our facility was also part of their residency program.  They all appreciated the outreach and it paid off staying in contact with them.  

    I did have some repeat tenants over that time (and at least one that I was certain would never be allowed back).  Overall it was a good experience until I sold that property.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.