First rental about to close, lots of showings !

First rental about to close, lots of showings !

Contractor · Evans City, PA · Member since 2019 · 15 posts · 12 votes

Hello all!

After two years of dragging my feet, my first property is about to close and I have begun showing to potential tenants!

This single family home has been a different way to get started. A good friend bought it at a tax sale 11 years ago and did all the hard work. Roof, siding, insulation, paint. But then started to lose interest and then started his own welding business and lost time. So I step in with interest and after a handshake at a bar one night we agreed on a sale price and terms.

6 months after this I decided to start my own business and also didn’t have any free time. Fast forward 2 years to present day and we are finally about to close, I have it listed on Zillow, and have 8 showings and 6 application in the first week!

I couldn’t have done it without the information and stories of others from this community.

Thank you for listening. Any help or suggestions on proper screening of the potential tenants is welcome and appreciated! This is my first time.

Brent

0Reply
14 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Member since 2020 · 38 posts · 68 votes
    5y

    Congratulations @Brent Benoit!!

    Bigger Pockets actually offers tenant screening on their site through a trusted partner. There is quite the variety of options available for screening packages; tenant involvement/no tenant involvement, instant reports, hand-compiled reports, and even income verification.

    You can find further information by going to Tenant Screening under the Tools tab.

    Best of luck to you!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.