Skip to content
Pro Members Get Full Access
Succeed in real estate investing with proven toolkits that have helped thousands of aspiring and existing investors achieve financial freedom.
$0 TODAY
$32.50/month, billed annually after your 7-day trial.
Cancel anytime
Find the right properties and ace your analysis
Market Finder with key investor metrics for all US markets, plus a list of recommended markets.
Deal Finder with investor-focused filters and notifications for new properties
Unlimited access to 9+ rental analysis calculators and rent estimator tools
Off-market deal finding software from Invelo ($638 value)
Supercharge your network
Pro profile badge
Pro exclusive community forums and threads
Build your landlord command center
All-in-one property management software from RentRedi ($240 value)
Portfolio monitoring and accounting from Stessa
Lawyer-approved lease agreement packages for all 50-states ($4,950 value) *annual subscribers only
Shortcut the learning curve
Live Q&A sessions with experts
Webinar replay archive
50% off investing courses ($290 value)
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 2 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Tenant Screening
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Nicholas Ludwiczak
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Auburndale, WI
Votes |
My prospective tenant funnel

Nicholas Ludwiczak
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Auburndale, WI
Posted Dec 13 2020, 09:49

I am changing how I handle showings and screening of prospective tenants. This was the old way and how it turned out when I turned a unit earlier this year. Market on Facebook, Facebook marketplace, and craigslist. There ended up with 30 people interested so I setup showings for 30 people over the span of 5 different days with a lot of time spent showing, rescheduling, and waiting for people that would never show up.

I wanted to share my new system. I am hoping using this system will eliminate the window shoppers that are not very interested, people that do not meet the minimum requirement, and show people (though sharing a video walkthrough) the unit layout and features that are hard to show with just pictures.

Setup Trello board with application workflow board

Give out google voice number

Setup outgoing voice message with info about available properties and direct them to leave or text their

1. Name
  2. Phone number
  3. Email address

Use a block of time each day to go through these calls and texts

1. Add card for the new interested parties to the first step on the Trello board
  2. Send each one the same email with detailed info about the property, my application requirement, and process.
  3. Applicants that say they meet the minimum requirement are send a link to the free online application and a link to a video walk-though uploaded to YouTube via email
  4. Once the application is summited and they have met my screening criteria, I will meet the parties at the unit for an in-person showing, offering them the unit if they are still interested after seeing it in person.

Loading replies...