How to weed out spammers - Zillow Rental Manager

How to weed out spammers - Zillow Rental Manager

Member since 2019 · 88 posts · 25 votes

I published a listing on zillow rental manager and I got a text inquiry within a minute which seemed odd to me. Text message had bad grammar and white spaces - typical red flags of a spam. 

1. Is it possible to hide phone number from the listing? If yes, is it wise to hide it?
2. I am a property owner and dont want to be woken up by phone calls. Does Zillow require a phone number?

0Reply
170 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Jacksonville, FL · Member since 2019 · 90 posts · 41 votes
2y
Quote from @Vasudev Kirs:

Thank you. I tried hard but couldn't find a way to hide phone number. Would you please be able to guide me on the steps once on Zillow Rental Manager?


 You have to upgrade the listing to premium (pay the $29.99) and then it gives you the option to hide your phone number/not let tenants reach you by phone.

See this reply in the discussion

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Jacksonville, FL · Member since 2019 · 90 posts · 41 votes
    2y

    There is a setting on Zillow where you can hide your phone number. I turn this off because I do not like getting random phone calls about my listings. If they are interested they can message you on Zillow, and if you find a tenant who you want to move forward with then you can give them your phone number.

  • Member since 2019 · 88 posts · 25 votes
    2y

    Thank you. I tried hard but couldn't find a way to hide phone number. Would you please be able to guide me on the steps once on Zillow Rental Manager?

  • Investor · Jacksonville, FL · Member since 2019 · 90 posts · 41 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Vasudev Kirs:

    Thank you. I tried hard but couldn't find a way to hide phone number. Would you please be able to guide me on the steps once on Zillow Rental Manager?


     You have to upgrade the listing to premium (pay the $29.99) and then it gives you the option to hide your phone number/not let tenants reach you by phone.

  • Citrus Heights, CA · Member since 2013 · 34 posts · 3 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Jasmine Vida:
    Quote from @Vasudev Kirs:

    Thank you. I tried hard but couldn't find a way to hide phone number. Would you please be able to guide me on the steps once on Zillow Rental Manager?


     You have to upgrade the listing to premium (pay the $29.99) and then it gives you the option to hide your phone number/not let tenants reach you by phone.


    Not totally true. Go to "edit your listing". Select "final details". Under "allow renters to contact you by phone" select "edit" and select "no". I don't get any calls. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.