Wanted to get feedback on a new idea for landlords that I had.

Wanted to get feedback on a new idea for landlords that I had.

Owings Mills, MD · Member since 2015 · 6 posts · 0 votes

Hi, I wanted to get feedback on an idea that I had for a new web app for landlords that I have. I want to see if there would be any demand for it before I start building it. Hopefully this doesn't break the rules as I'm not promoting the product but just want to get feedback on the idea.

So it would be a web app that would allow a landlord or property manager to create a questionnaire for prospective tenants.

They would either post the link of the questionnaire on a marketplace or send it directly to the prospective tenant but the unique part is that once the applicant starts filling it out, the landlord or PM can then respond to each answer, almost like starting a conversation with the applicant within the questionnaire. So they can filter applicants betters based on a deeper conversation on each question. Landlord will have a dashboard with all of the questionnaires and on going conversations.

What do you guys think of it and would you find it useful? Have you heard of anything similar? Thank you in advance. 

0Reply
16 views

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Member since 2021 · 376 posts · 242 votes
    3y

    Would the questions/comments that pop-up when the tenants answers the original questions be something that is generated from a pre-existing set of responses tied to the tenants answers or is this something that the landlord would need to respond to personally as the tenant is filling out the application? 

  • Owings Mills, MD · Member since 2015 · 6 posts · 0 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Konstantin Ginzburg:

    Would the questions/comments that pop-up when the tenants answers the original questions be something that is generated from a pre-existing set of responses tied to the tenants answers or is this something that the landlord would need to respond to personally as the tenant is filling out the application? 


    Yes, the landlord would have to respond personally to each answer. We feel this is the best way in order for the landlord to get the best and authentic answers from the prospective tenant

  • Member since 2021 · 376 posts · 242 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Igor Rabinovich:
    Quote from @Konstantin Ginzburg:

    Would the questions/comments that pop-up when the tenants answers the original questions be something that is generated from a pre-existing set of responses tied to the tenants answers or is this something that the landlord would need to respond to personally as the tenant is filling out the application? 


    Yes, the landlord would have to respond personally to each answer. We feel this is the best way in order for the landlord to get the best and authentic answers from the prospective tenant


     I don't think I see the value in this product in that case. It doesn't seem like it would save the investor any time since it would just act like a chat-based tenant interview and would still require the investor's time in order to get more information from the tenants. If you were able to incorporate AI or other functions to automatically generate additional questions without the investors input; I think that may represent value by saving the investors time. But I don't think I can see how your current setup would save time or effort for the investor. Sorry. 

  • Property Manager · Phoenix, AZ · Member since 2023 · 101 posts · 77 votes
    3y

    I like the creativity, but I see this as more of a liability than a benefit. Far too easy to inadvertently cross a fair housing line. Legally, it would be safest to keep all application questions uniform so there's an easy defense if and when the discrimination accusation rear its ugly head. There are more efficient ways to filter fraudulence and other high risk tenants.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.