Wave 2 of Market crash

Wave 2 of Market crash

Real Estate Investor · Georgetown, MA · Member since 2008 · 250 posts · 6 votes

Could we see another substaintial downturn in the market?

It's funny how quickly the media swung after Monday's huge gain. Everyone said how it was over sold and this was due. They expected the market to float closer to 10,000 in the coming months. Although they didn't expect much appreciation. They said it was most likely the bottom.

Its true in the next week or two we may catch or breath from this huge fall but I don't think it's over.

Wave 1 of the selling, was a bit of panic and also the banks/investment companies dragging everything down with it. A lot of the down turn hasn't effective quarterly earnings reports just yet. We are seeing a glimmer of it now in the Q3 reports....the real blood will be in Q4 and 2009 forecasts.

The retail numbers that came out today and led to the sell off are really just the begining of what investors will see on balance sheets/income statments. They realeased a 1.2% drop in sales in the month of September, which was before this colossal market crash. Think of what Octobers numbers will look like and how about this years holiday season vs last years.

Although we may stablize in the near term I think we will shortly see wave 2 of this market sell off , this time based on real numbers.

Though many believe this is already priced into the market, I don't believe it is fully priced in. I think estimates/sales/target numbers are going to be crushed and it will probably lead to a phase 2 of panic selling.

You'll also see unemployment numbers rising which really scares main street, because it hits home more.

I think we've got a ways to go in the Market sell off. Today was just a small indicator.

0Reply
62 views

Most Popular Reply

Manhattan, NY · Member since 2008 · 801 posts · 61 votes
17y
Originally posted by MikeOH:

My suggestion is to buy food, water, and ammo - WHILE YOU STILL CAN!
And...

Use the credit cards to do it, that way it will be free! /snark

See this reply in the discussion

59 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Investor · North Carolina · Member since 2008 · 1k+ posts · 483 votes
    17y

    >>how fast can the print bills and why can't we use that technology to travel at the speed of light and move to a new earth? <<

    The problem with moving to another earth is that first the entitled masses would follow, then congress would follow, then the Fed would follow, then all the companies 'too big to fail' would follow, then the contingency attorneys would follow, then the social engineers would follow, and then by golly Obama himself would follow to bring us all change for the better!

  • Jeff TumbarelloPro Member
    Real Estate Broker · Fort Myers, FL · Member since 2008 · 1k+ posts · 323 votes
    17y

    This isn't Ben's doing - it's the Treasury, Congress and the White House
    coming up with all these wonderful ideas. Tobin, not Friedman, REWLS
    the day now.

    We're just toast, colder by the minute. NOTHING done to date will fix anything but the Bigneck Banker/Politician secretretirement accounts. The P&L is shot and will remain shot for a long time to come.

    If Ben can keep the teller line open, there's a slim chance some financial miracle will turn the tide. I've read most of the "religious" books and have yet to see an example of an Angelic Vision arriving to fix Vapor Paper.

    Tighten the hatch-bolts - I believe I hear the dive siren blaring in the near distance.

    I'd suggest Mr. Obama take another QUIET vacation in Hawaii. That 3.6
    TRILLION dollar budget didn't help the vision of recovery in many minds,

    Keep your head on a swivel, nose to the grindstone, shoulder to the
    wheel, feet planted firmly, shoulders squared, etc. If nothing good
    happens from that posture, don't be surprised, since that's a rather odd
    stance from which to make headway against a rising tide in the middle of
    a feces-storm during a Depression.

  • Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2008 · 759 posts · 185 votes
    17y

    You know, I have not turned on the TV for the last couple of days, and I feel pretty good! :lol:

    I have decided to let everyone else worry about this stuff. You can all rack your brains, complain, and banter about what might, or might not, happen. It is not going to put any money in your pockets.

    My commitment is to focus on success, and create business models that will work regardless of market conditions.

    It came to me clearly tonight: I am not a politician, I am not an economist, and to be honest, I am not really all that smart.

    What I am is a fighter with internal resources that run deep! All of this energy that we have needs to go into what is best for the situations that we can control, and the only thing we can really control is ourselves!

  • Jeff TumbarelloPro Member
    Real Estate Broker · Fort Myers, FL · Member since 2008 · 1k+ posts · 323 votes
    17y

    I am focusing on cashflow, nothing else

    Singlewides on land cash flow.

  • Real Estate Investor · OH · Member since 2008 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    17y

    Yes, but something VERY interesting is about to happen. It appears to me that we may have our first significant bear market rally. This will fool MILLIONS of people who will LOSE THEIR BUTTS by jumping into the stock market just as the market returns to its bearish nosedive! (I'm predicting that will happen at about 7,700 on the DOW). The "experts" are once again talking about this being THE BOTTOM! They're delusional!

    Mike

  • Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2008 · 759 posts · 185 votes
    17y

    I agree MikeOh........While I am not focused on all of the negative anymore, my eyes are still wide open to what is going on around me.

    We will see more than one of these market run ups, as people ride the wave of emotion and hope. There are a few things we can count on in the world, two of them are false hope and foolish greed.

    I have just accepted the fact that we will be in the toilet for the next 24 months, and I would rather hang around the lid than swim in the bowl!!! :lol:

  • Jeff TumbarelloPro Member
    Real Estate Broker · Fort Myers, FL · Member since 2008 · 1k+ posts · 323 votes
    17y

    CITI showed an operating profit yesterday. When you are borrowing money at zero, it is pretty easy to do that.

    That does not take in account the toxic stuff balance sheet or the related charge off's

    Till there is a change in the assets on the balance sheets all these rallys are sucker rallies

  • Lender · Cupertino, CA · Member since 2008 · 11 posts · 0 votes
    17y

    In this economy, phony balony will rule.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.