I'm Considering Investing in STR 2br in Blue Ridge GA - 2 acre

I'm Considering Investing in STR 2br in Blue Ridge GA - 2 acre

Member since 2022 · 4 posts · 1 vote

The property is selling for about $230K, excellent location. I would need a host service to operate since I live away. As I am new in this game, I need some advice.  I have done a little research about the location.  

1Reply
30 views

7 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Bruce WoodruffPro Member
    Contractor/Investor/Consultant · San Diego / Phoenix · Member since 2021 · 12k+ posts · 15k+ votes
    3y

    You're giving us too little info. You need to go on VRBO (for example) and search for nearby properties that have similar amenities to offer. See what they charge and how far out they are booked. This will let you figure out the math and analyze what your ROI will be. You only want to do this if your going to be making a lot of money.

  • Property Manager · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2016 · 83 posts · 42 votes
    3y

    What are your questions?

  • Member since 2022 · 4 posts · 1 vote
    3y
    Quote from @Bruce Woodruff:

    You're giving us too little info. You need to go on VRBO (for example) and search for nearby properties that have similar amenities to offer. See what they charge and how far out they are booked. This will let you figure out the math and analyze what your ROI will be. You only want to do this if your going to be making a lot of money.

    Bruce. Thanks for your reply. I have been looking on AirBNB and VRBO for similar properties and checking their bookings. I agree that if the ROI is low, then it's not worth it. I'm looking for all the advice I can get. Any knowledge you can share about what you have learned through the school of hard knocks, etc. will be much appreciated.


  • Member since 2022 · 4 posts · 1 vote
    3y
    Quote from @Julian Colvard:

    What are your questions?


     Hi Julian,

    I see that you are a property manager in Atlanta. I am a realtor in south Florida. I am looking to invest in an STR property in the Blue Ridge - Ellijay, GA area. I have been reading some good things about this location and have a friend who recently bought land there. I am new to STR. My wife is an accountant and she will have to see that the numbers make sense in terms of our ROI. We have been looking at AirBNBs and VRBOs bookings as well as looking into master host services that can manage the property for us.

    We need first of all to locate a property (I have been thinking of a 2br, 2ba) as it seems to be easily rentable in the area. It must have a good view (preferably mountain and/or lake view) in an area that has a high volume of bookings. I would prefer few zoning restrictions in case I want to expand with a tiny home or other structure in the future.  

    This is the first investment property that we (my wife and I) purchase together. We are new to doing AirBnB, but we're not new to real estate and finance matters. I can invest about 100K at this moment of personal funds. Any advice you can provide would be much appreciated.

  • Member since 2022 · 272 posts · 253 votes
    3y
    Quote from @William Lopez:
    Quote from @Julian Colvard:

    What are your questions?


     Hi Julian,

    I see that you are a property manager in Atlanta. I am a realtor in south Florida. I am looking to invest in an STR property in the Blue Ridge - Ellijay, GA area. I have been reading some good things about this location and have a friend who recently bought land there. I am new to STR. My wife is an accountant and she will have to see that the numbers make sense in terms of our ROI. We have been looking at AirBNBs and VRBOs bookings as well as looking into master host services that can manage the property for us.

    We need first of all to locate a property (I have been thinking of a 2br, 2ba) as it seems to be easily rentable in the area. It must have a good view (preferably mountain and/or lake view) in an area that has a high volume of bookings. I would prefer few zoning restrictions in case I want to expand with a tiny home or other structure in the future.  

    This is the first investment property that we (my wife and I) purchase together. We are new to doing AirBnB, but we're not new to real estate and finance matters. I can invest about 100K at this moment of personal funds. Any advice you can provide would be much appreciated.


     I live in the north ATL metro. If you want water or a view, you are pretty much looking at $400k+. There are some in the $325 - $400k range, but the view may be seasonal, or the house small and undersized.

    I agree that you want a view to stand out in this market. 

    Ellijay only has views east of 575 for the most part. Look into cherry log, mineral bluff, and Morganton 

  • Troy ShirbrounPro Member
    Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2016 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    3y

    Good Morning,

    I am a Blue Ridge Realtor and I have short term and long term rentals myself here in Blue Ridge. There are definitely differences in the areas you mentioned. At that price range without any Reno this could be a challenge. I think I know what property you were looking at. I also can help recommend STR companies here. I would be happy to discuss. Troy Shirbroun

  • Member since 2022 · 4 posts · 1 vote
    3y
    Quote from @Troy Shirbroun:

    Good Morning,

    I am a Blue Ridge Realtor and I have short term and long term rentals myself here in Blue Ridge. There are definitely differences in the areas you mentioned. At that price range without any Reno this could be a challenge. I think I know what property you were looking at. I also can help recommend STR companies here. I would be happy to discuss. Troy Shirbroun


    Good morning Troy. I am not hellbent on the Blue Ridge area. I'd be willing to look elsewhere. My bottom line is the return on my investment. I'd be willing to look at long-term rentals as well. Do you have any suggestions. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.