Myrtle Beach condo...near the beach....close to golfing

Myrtle Beach condo...near the beach....close to golfing

Member since 2021 · 2 posts · 2 votes

Investment Info:

Condo buy & hold investment.

2 bedroom//2 bath condo in the Surfside area (just outside of Myrtle Beach proper).

What made you interested in investing in this type of deal?

I travelled to Myrtle multiple times a year to golf with friends. I noticed the increasing number of 'Baby Boomers' retiring and moving to the area from the North (NY, NJ, PA, etc), and thought this would be a good area to invest in property.

How did you find this deal and how did you negotiate it?

I originally bought a condo for ME to use while in MB golfing. I got to know the Builder, and negotiated a great deal on the purchase of a new construction.

How did you finance this deal?

Traditional mortgage.

Lessons learned? Challenges?

I will NEVER buy another condo due to the excessive HOA and Special Assessments.

Did you work with any real estate professionals (agents, lenders, etc.) that you'd recommend to others?

No, I dealt directly with the builder.

1Reply
28 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Broker · Wilmington, NC · Member since 2017 · 34 posts · 25 votes
    5y

    Thanks for sharing. Do you still own it?  HOAs can surely be a deal killer in some cases.  Are you able to airbnb the unit?  

  • Member since 2021 · 2 posts · 2 votes
    5y

    Yes. I still own it. The HOAs don't allow for subletting or AirBnB, but I do have a long term tenant in the property. Despite the exorbitant HOA/Special Assess. fees, I still get decent positive cash flow.

  • Solo 401k Expert · Anaheim Hills, CA · Member since 2012 · 18k+ posts · 6k+ votes
    5y

    @C Beachem this is awesome!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.