6-unit Value-Add Property in Glenview

6-unit Value-Add Property in Glenview

Investor · Chicago, IL · Member since 2015 · 3 posts · 1 vote

Investment Info:

Large multi-family (5+ units) buy & hold investment in Glenview.

Purchase price: $626,000
Cash invested: $75,000

Purchased a 6-unit value-add property in Glenview. The plan is to renovate the units, increase the NOI, and either keep the property as a buy-and-hold investment or sell it after all the units have been improved.

What made you interested in investing in this type of deal?

The property is in a great location with plentiful shopping options and near excellent transportation links, while still being in the coveted Glenview School District. These kind of near suburbs are enjoying a resurgence in the post-Covid world and I believe rents in the building have significant upside through a value-add program. The building is in an HOA of other multifamily buildings, making the management easier (the HOA handles lawn care, snow removal, and trash).

How did you find this deal and how did you negotiate it?

I found this on MLS and was the broker.

How did you finance this deal?

Cash with a refi planned after the renovations are complete.

How did you add value to the deal?

The plan is to renovate all 6 units with new kitchens, bathrooms, re-stained flooring, and updated fixtures. Modest improvements to the exterior and common areas have also been made.

1Reply
27 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Specialist · Plano, TX · Member since 2020 · 2k+ posts · 861 votes
    5y

    Congratulations on this deal, @A.J. Manaseer. The property looks awesome already. Have fun renovating and be sure to share after pictures with us. 

  • Member since 2020 · 19 posts · 32 votes
    5y

    That's awesome @A.J. Manaseer I actually live and own a multifamily in glenview and I'm in the process of rezoning one of my properties to build a 8-10 plex but cook county is being difficult as I'm sure anyone that lives here would know. I do not know many other investors in this area so feel free to message me if you'd like to talk more about this! 

  • Solo 401k Expert · Anaheim Hills, CA · Member since 2012 · 18k+ posts · 6k+ votes
    5y
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.