Successfully flipped My 20th house in Fayetteville NC

Successfully flipped My 20th house in Fayetteville NC

Reggie RamseyPro Member
Raleigh Durham Fayetteville, NC · Member since 2018 · 43 posts · 28 votes

Investment Info:

Single-family residence fix & flip investment.

Purchase price: $115,500
Cash invested: $40,000
Sale price: $186,000

My 20th Flip in the Fayetteville NC area.

What made you interested in investing in this type of deal?

I've been investing in Fayetteville for 10 years now and I've only done fix and flip.

How did you find this deal and how did you negotiate it?

I'm a real estate agent and found the deal on the MLS. I had to bid aggressively to win this deal.

How did you finance this deal?

Lumbee Guaranty Bank

How did you add value to the deal?

There was over 600 square feet of unfinished bonus room that was finished.

What was the outcome?

It took me an extra 20 days because I wanted to give another contractor a chance to show me what he can do. But I didn't want to have two different contractors working at the same time. So I let my usual contractor finish the down stairs and then let the new guy tackle upstairs.

Lessons learned? Challenges?

I hate refinishing hardwood floors. I'd probably will just remove the flooring and go with new next time.

Did you work with any real estate professionals (agents, lenders, etc.) that you'd recommend to others?

Yes, the agent that listed my house did an amazing job...House received multiple offers in 3 days and we were under contract in 4 days. House was sold 30 days later. If you ever need a house listed and sold quickly... Contact ME. LMBO!!

5Reply
43 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · Phoenix, AZ · Member since 2019 · 60 posts · 45 votes
6y

Congrats @Reggie Ramsey!! Great success story. Keep going!

See this reply in the discussion

9 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Fayetteville, NC · Member since 2019 · 77 posts · 44 votes
    6y

    Great stuff. Love hearing success stories like this. Might need to get some info on the contractors you're using. 

    What type of loan did you get with Lumbee? Would you use them again?

  • Rental Property Investor · Phoenix, AZ · Member since 2019 · 60 posts · 45 votes
    6y

    Congrats @Reggie Ramsey!! Great success story. Keep going!

  • Woodstock, GA · Member since 2016 · 36 posts · 7 votes
    6y

    @Reggie Ramsey

    Awesome result, thanks for sharing

  • Reggie RamseyPro Member
    OP
    Raleigh Durham Fayetteville, NC · Member since 2018 · 43 posts · 28 votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Richard A.:

    Great stuff. Love hearing success stories like this. Might need to get some info on the contractors you're using. 

    What type of loan did you get with Lumbee? Would you use them again?

    I've used Lumbee Bank for probably 15 of my 20 Flips.  I get a 1 year recourse commercial loan that is Prime +1...(Currently 6%) . That is 75% of Purchase Price and 75% of Repair Cost.  Interest only loan.  I work with Allen Davidson with the Raeford Branch.  I highly recommend Lumbee bank. 

  • Reggie RamseyPro Member
    OP
    Raleigh Durham Fayetteville, NC · Member since 2018 · 43 posts · 28 votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Landon Moore:

    Congrats @Reggie Ramsey!! Great success story. Keep going!

    Thank you!

  • New to Real Estate · Fayetteville, NC · Member since 2019 · 6 posts · 2 votes
    6y

    @Reggie Ramsey Wow I feel inspired! I’m looking for my first deal now. It’s great to see people out there succeeding. Ten years! What a great track record you have. What do you think is the best and hardest thing about investing in Fayetteville?

  • Rental Property Investor · Charleston County, SC · Member since 2014 · 42 posts · 15 votes
    6y

    Nice job! Do you also do BRRRRs and keep some properties as rentals?

  • Reggie RamseyPro Member
    OP
    Raleigh Durham Fayetteville, NC · Member since 2018 · 43 posts · 28 votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Steven N.:

    Nice job! Do you also do BRRRRs and keep some properties as rentals?

    Steven, I am now looking for BRRRR opportunities. Its all about the numbers and the location of the properties. I want my BRRRR's to be in pretty decent neighborhoods and I need the numbers to be good enough to allow me to refinace and get 100% of purchase and repair money back. Hopefully in 2020 I can find a few BRRRR properties!

  • Reggie RamseyPro Member
    OP
    Raleigh Durham Fayetteville, NC · Member since 2018 · 43 posts · 28 votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Emily Davis:

    @Reggie Ramsey Wow I feel inspired! I’m looking for my first deal now. It’s great to see people out there succeeding. Ten years! What a great track record you have. What do you think is the best and hardest thing about investing in Fayetteville?

    The best things about Fayetteville are the price of the homes and the VA loans. (Ha! that rhymes) Also during the recession in 2009, when there was a shortage of jobs a lot of kids graduated High School/College and joined the military. The military is always hiring. This gives Fayetteville a boost during down turns.

    Hardest thing about investing in Fayetteville? hmmmm I gave this a good 5 minutes...I got nothing.. ha 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.