Six Bedroom one family Property in NJ

Six Bedroom one family Property in NJ

Member since 2019 · 12 posts · 4 votes

Investment Info:

Single-family residence fix & flip investment in Budd Lake.

Purchase price: $250,000
Cash invested: $60,000

Extra Large single family home in Budd Lake New Jersey.

What made you interested in investing in this type of deal?

From the numbers, it was a good deal and it was a beautiful house.

How did you find this deal and how did you negotiate it?

Purchased it from a wholesaler

How did you finance this deal?

Hard Money and Cash

How did you add value to the deal?

Updated the entire house. Paint, new floors, new kitchen, new bath and new hvac.

What was the outcome?

Property is listed for sale.

Lessons learned? Challenges?

The biggest challenge was getting a new septic install. It was my first time purchasing a home with a septic system and I learned that I should have done a septic inspection before purchasing.

2Reply
12 views

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · NY NJ · Member since 2019 · 65 posts · 36 votes
    7y

    @Damion Smith Thanks that's great.

    Good luck on the sale.

    I learned the same lesson the hard way.

  • Owen MitchellPro Member
    New to Real Estate · Jacksonville, NC · Member since 2019 · 91 posts · 21 votes
    7y

    @Damion Smith Good Luck Brother, Hope All goes well

  • Inspector · Voorhees, NJ · Member since 2015 · 104 posts · 47 votes
    7y

    @Damion Smith she’s a beaut! I’m from Jersey too, but I don’t know where Budd Lake is. But I will say this, if that house was was close to Cherry Hill, I’d put an offer in! Best of luck on the sale!

  • Professional · Parsippany, NJ · Member since 2013 · 384 posts · 262 votes
    7y

    I know that area of Jersey and that Septic could be rough. Rehabbing these deals are tough and stressful. Best of Luck and keep up the good work

  • Member since 2019 · 12 posts · 4 votes
    7y

    @David Vitarelli, its far away. Your in south Jersey and Budd Lake is up North.

  • Property Manager · NJ · Member since 2017 · 786 posts · 396 votes
    7y

    @Damion Smith Budd Lake can be a nice area if you market the home the right way you can do well there. Ive lived and sold property in that area and know it well. You'll have to go a bit above and beyond though and market it to people further East in addition to local people.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.