BRRRR #4 - In Process - Purchased in Cleveland, OH region

BRRRR #4 - In Process - Purchased in Cleveland, OH region

Investor · Boise, ID · Member since 2016 · 12 posts · 10 votes

Investment Info:

Single-family residence buy & hold investment in Euclid.

Purchase price: $54,000
Cash invested: $15,000

Excited about this deal that's currently in process in Euclid, OH. It's another SFR, $54k bank owned purchase. Needs minor repairs to basement, garage, cement work, and internal updates.

What made you interested in investing in this type of deal?

I've done several in the past, and I like the Euclid area for rentals. It's also near a new Amazon center that's opening up.

How did you find this deal and how did you negotiate it?

I heard about the deal from my local real estate agent. My strategy for this deal was to take on responsibility for the POS items, offer no contingencies (after my agent and contractor visited and took video), and all cash.

How did you finance this deal?

I'll refi after rehab, and finding a renter. Likely with Chemical Bank.

How did you add value to the deal?

Making repairs, updates carpet/paint/appliances, and closing out the POS items.

What was the outcome?

Currently in process

Lessons learned? Challenges?

New type of purchase as a Fannie Mae Homepath that was previously at reverse mortgage that the bank took back.

Did you work with any real estate professionals (agents, lenders, etc.) that you'd recommend to others?

Yes, agents (Howard Hanna), contractors, property management (Howard Hanna), and eventually a lender.

4Reply
61 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Fontana, CA · Member since 2017 · 95 posts · 59 votes
7y

This is great! I live in SoCal and have an investment home in Euclid, OH. I've had it a year and It's been ok so far. I'd love to BRRRR from a distance

See this reply in the discussion

8 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Austin, TX · Member since 2018 · 214 posts · 270 votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Stephen Holloway:

    Investment Info:

    Single-family residence buy & hold investment in Euclid.

    Purchase price: $54,000
    Cash invested: $15,000

    Excited about this deal that's currently in process in Euclid, OH. It's another SFR, $54k bank owned purchase. Needs minor repairs to basement, garage, cement work, and internal updates.

    What made you interested in investing in this type of deal?

    I've done several in the past, and I like the Euclid area for rentals. It's also near a new Amazon center that's opening up.

    How did you find this deal and how did you negotiate it?

    I heard about the deal from my local real estate agent. My strategy for this deal was to take on responsibility for the POS items, offer no contingencies (after my agent and contractor visited and took video), and all cash.

    How did you finance this deal?

    I'll refi after rehab, and finding a renter. Likely with Chemical Bank.

    How did you add value to the deal?

    Making repairs, updates carpet/paint/appliances, and closing out the POS items.

    What was the outcome?

    Currently in process

    Lessons learned? Challenges?

    New type of purchase as a Fannie Mae Homepath that was previously at reverse mortgage that the bank took back.

    Did you work with any real estate professionals (agents, lenders, etc.) that you'd recommend to others?

    Yes, agents (Howard Hanna), contractors, property management (Howard Hanna), and eventually a lender.

    Congrats Stephen! Looks like you picked up a pretty decent deal.

  • Stephen HollowayPro Member
    OP
    Investor · Boise, ID · Member since 2016 · 12 posts · 10 votes
    7y

    Thanks!

    I expect to rent it out for ~$1,000/month

    I'll keep everyone posted.

  • Real Estate Agent · Brecksville, OH · Member since 2011 · 166 posts · 75 votes
    7y

    Congratulations - good luck!

  • Specialist · Charlotte, NC · Member since 2016 · 239 posts · 117 votes
    7y

    Nice work Stephen

  • Investor · Fontana, CA · Member since 2017 · 95 posts · 59 votes
    7y

    This is great! I live in SoCal and have an investment home in Euclid, OH. I've had it a year and It's been ok so far. I'd love to BRRRR from a distance

  • Andrew SyriosPro Member
    Moderator
    Residential Real Estate Investor · Kansas City, MO · Member since 2014 · 10k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    7y

    Well done, congrats Stephen!

  • Real Estate Broker · Cleveland Dayton Cincinnati Toledo Columbus & Akron, OH · Member since 2013 · 30k+ posts · 20k+ votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Stephen Holloway:

    Investment Info:

    Single-family residence buy & hold investment in Euclid.

    Purchase price: $54,000
    Cash invested: $15,000

    Excited about this deal that's currently in process in Euclid, OH. It's another SFR, $54k bank owned purchase. Needs minor repairs to basement, garage, cement work, and internal updates.

    What made you interested in investing in this type of deal?

    I've done several in the past, and I like the Euclid area for rentals. It's also near a new Amazon center that's opening up.

    How did you find this deal and how did you negotiate it?

    I heard about the deal from my local real estate agent. My strategy for this deal was to take on responsibility for the POS items, offer no contingencies (after my agent and contractor visited and took video), and all cash.

    How did you finance this deal?

    I'll refi after rehab, and finding a renter. Likely with Chemical Bank.

    How did you add value to the deal?

    Making repairs, updates carpet/paint/appliances, and closing out the POS items.

    What was the outcome?

    Currently in process

    Lessons learned? Challenges?

    New type of purchase as a Fannie Mae Homepath that was previously at reverse mortgage that the bank took back.

    Did you work with any real estate professionals (agents, lenders, etc.) that you'd recommend to others?

    Yes, agents (Howard Hanna), contractors, property management (Howard Hanna), and eventually a lender.

     Solid deal, well done.

  • Real Estate Investor · Waldorf, MD · Member since 2014 · 592 posts · 320 votes
    7y

    Nice!!  Who is your PM and are you happy with them?

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.