First investment renovated and rented!

First investment renovated and rented!

Bluffton, SC · Member since 2018 · 63 posts · 205 votes

Well, I am pleased to say that I finally got my first property in Columbus GA renovated and rented. I purchased the property on auction dot com for $25700. Renovations costed $12,000. 

I am all in for $37,700. 

On December 31st I signed a 12-month lease with my new tenants for $1050 a month. Can you say super excited! Now I am trying to decide whether I should refinance and take the cash out or just keep it going and save up the cash to repeat the process in another year or so. I purchased and renovated using my savings so I don't have a mortgage on the property.

116Reply
421 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · Augusta, GA · Member since 2018 · 33 posts · 32 votes
7y

Did u rehab yourself or use contractors?

See this reply in the discussion

187 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Engineer · Portland, OR · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    7y

    @Charles Mahabir your welcome to your own investment biases but the guy is getting near a 3% GRM which is great. If you think it's not a good deal because of any "cost of money" issue then you should reevaluate your maths

  • Rental Property Investor · Riverside, CA · Member since 2016 · 9 posts · 1 vote
    7y
    @Karam A Tascoe Awesome job! I am located in southern California and looking to get into my 1st out of state deal, this is motivating to see!
  • Member since 2018 · 1 post · 2 votes
    7y

    @Karam A Tascoe nice! I am in the Columbus area. Looking to get into REI this year!

  • Paul DefnginPro Member
    Lender · Rockville, MD · Member since 2008 · 498 posts · 199 votes
    7y
    @Karam A Tascoe smart. I like it.
  • Specialist · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2018 · 69 posts · 8 votes
    7y
    @Karam A Tascoe Congratulations 🤘🏽
  • Oklahoma City, OK · Member since 2018 · 9 posts · 2 votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Karam A Tascoe:
    Originally posted by @Rafael Alvis:

    @Karam A Tascoe

    Congratulations Karam! So even if you bid and obtain a property through auction.com, you can back out afterwards?

     Rafael,

    If you win the bid and decide you dont want the property you can forfeit your earnest money deposit which is likely going to be $2500.

    aha!  that makes sense.  Thanks again Karam and all the best!

  • Investor · Fontana, CA · Member since 2017 · 95 posts · 59 votes
    7y

    @Eric Gaines send me info too. Thanks

  • Investor · Charlotte, NC · Member since 2017 · 321 posts · 157 votes
    7y

    Keep this deal free & clear. I have 3 units free & clear. I struggle with if I should refi or not. I'm 2 1/2 in real estate and still learning. Being free and clear, I can sleep like a baby at night compared to being leverage. Maybe 1 day I'll refi but maybe not. I love the chunk on cash flow I see every month.

  • Napa, CA · Member since 2017 · 57 posts · 27 votes
    7y

    Congrats Karam - outstanding job!! 

    To clarify, with auction.com, once you have the winning bid, they will let you go inside (or let your contractor or representative inside if an OOS investor) and see the place? Then you either wire funds or forfeit earnest money.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.