Subject To - Turnkey Rental

Subject To - Turnkey Rental

Real Estate Consultant · Fayetteville, NC · Member since 2017 · 151 posts · 144 votes

Investment Info:

Single-family residence other investment in Fayetteville.

Purchase price: $1,800
Cash invested: $1,800

This beautiful is valued at $170,000. I was able to acquire this property through a subject to, or deed in lieu of. The seller was separating from the military and no equity in his home. Through thourough negotaiating and coordination I was able to secure this home for the closing costs and title transfer of only $1800. It was tenant occupied 2 weeks later for $1250 a month.

What made you interested in investing in this type of deal?

This was an opportunity to acquire a property with very little capital and not take on the debt.

How did you find this deal and how did you negotiate it?

Being in a military town, there are a few soldiers who enjoy the benefit of the VA loan. Allowing them to purchase a home with $0 down. Unfortunately, the military also requires soldiers to move quite often. When they are forced to move, many times they have not had the opportunity to build equity in their homes. So I capitalized on being able to provide this soldier value by relieving them of their monthly obligation and allowing them to save money on the costs associated with a sale.

How did you finance this deal?

I simply paid for the transfer of the deed and the formation of a trust.

How did you add value to the deal?

The cash flow from the property and appreciation over time is the IRR on my initial $1800.

What was the outcome?

I still currently have the property in my rental portfolio. At the end of the current lease, I will sell the home.

Lessons learned? Challenges?

There are many different ways I could have tackled this property. Sub-leasing, loan assumption and many more. This was a great opportunity to learn the systems needed to complete this transaction from start to finish.

1Reply
21 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Specialist · Paradise Valley, AZ · Member since 2018 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Michael Glaspie:

    Investment Info:

    Single-family residence other investment in Fayetteville.

    Purchase price: $1,800

    Cash invested: $1,800

    This beautiful is valued at $170,000. I was able to acquire this property through a subject to, or deed in lieu of. The seller was separating from the military and no equity in his home. Through thourough negotaiating and coordination I was able to secure this home for the closing costs and title transfer of only $1800. It was tenant occupied 2 weeks later for $1250 a month.

    What made you interested in investing in this type of deal?

    This was an opportunity to acquire a property with very little capital and not take on the debt.

    How did you find this deal and how did you negotiate it?

    Being in a military town, there are a few soldiers who enjoy the benefit of the VA loan. Allowing them to purchase a home with $0 down. Unfortunately, the military also requires soldiers to move quite often. When they are forced to move, many times they have not had the opportunity to build equity in their homes. So I capitalized on being able to provide this soldier value by relieving them of their monthly obligation and allowing them to save money on the costs associated with a sale.

    How did you finance this deal?

    I simply paid for the transfer of the deed and the formation of a trust.

    How did you add value to the deal?

    The cash flow from the property and appreciation over time is the IRR on my initial $1800.

    What was the outcome?

    I still currently have the property in my rental portfolio. At the end of the current lease, I will sell the home.

    Lessons learned? Challenges?

    There are many different ways I could have tackled this property. Sub-leasing, loan assumption and many more. This was a great opportunity to learn the systems needed to complete this transaction from start to finish.

     It's a beaut. Congratulations for looking where the deals are. I love the transaction.

  • Real Estate Consultant · Fayetteville, NC · Member since 2017 · 151 posts · 144 votes
    7y

    I greatly appreciate that Mike.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.