Just closed my first deal! In the Bay Area!

Just closed my first deal! In the Bay Area!

Rental Property Investor · Napa, CA · Member since 2016 · 68 posts · 57 votes

I recently closed on a 4-unit multi-family complex in Oakland, CA. After about 12 months of studying and another 6 months of placing offers (I was out-bid on about 20 places), the stars finally aligned and I was able to complete the deal. I'll be "house-hacking" the property and making various improvements to the unit I'll be occupying as well as the building facades, and backyard. Closing my first deal in the fiercely competitive Bay Area seemed impossible at times, but persistence paid off! Already looking for the next project ;). 

Thanks @Joshua D. and @Brandon Turner for all of the free, brilliant content in this community. It has truly changed my life and put me on the road to financial independence. 

Private message me for details about the deal if you're interested. I'd love to connect and partner with other investors in the area doing the same thing.

3Reply
13 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Oakland, CA · Member since 2017 · 41 posts · 25 votes
8y
Awesome!!! I feel your joy!!! officially closing on a duplex i plan to convert to a triplex tomorrow!! So exciting!! Also in Oakland!! Also House Hacking!!! #cheers
See this reply in the discussion

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Sunnyvale , CA · Member since 2017 · 373 posts · 362 votes
    8y
    Congrats! If I may ask, What made you choose an investment in the Bay Area versus other states which seem to be the popular themes on this forum?
  • Chad HalePro Member
    Property Manager / Investor · San Jose, CA · Member since 2013 · 779 posts · 301 votes
    8y

    Congrats!

  • Investor · Oakland, CA · Member since 2017 · 41 posts · 25 votes
    8y
    Awesome!!! I feel your joy!!! officially closing on a duplex i plan to convert to a triplex tomorrow!! So exciting!! Also in Oakland!! Also House Hacking!!! #cheers
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.