Has anyone used Propelio and is it worth what you pay??

Has anyone used Propelio and is it worth what you pay??

Longview, TX · Member since 2017 · 15 posts · 4 votes

I have been thinking about using Propelio for running my comps. If you or someone you know has used them any feed back would be extremely helpful. I am trying to decide if the purchase price is worth it. Thanks in advance!

0Reply
151 views

Most Popular Reply

Garland, TX · Member since 2016 · 33 posts · 38 votes
9y

Ok @Marc Tuckey, I am ready to answer your questions. 

  1. Are the updates instant as the MLS? You may not be able to determine without the MLS but have you seen latency on postings, updates, etc., say compared to Zillow or Redfin? Propelio doesn't actually offer straight listings from the MLS, it's more like a manager for your leads. So say you get an off market deal, enter in the address into the "Leads" Section and it'll pull county records to fill in the bed/bath/year/garage etc. Then you can run a CMA on that particular property using the MLS.
  2. Are the analysis tools good / intuitive? - The CMA tool is pretty cool. Very easy to enter the parameters. It'll pull sold properties first and it will have a "thumbs up" button or "thumbs down" button so you can discard the ones that don't work for your analysis. You can also click on the address of the properties you are comparing, and it usually will have photos so you can see the grade of the renovations.
  3. How about the "Motivated Seller" leads they talk about offering. Do those add value? - I like this part, and you can get a lot of properties depending on what exactly you are looking for. You can only pick certain markets though; currently they have Dallas/Fort Worth, Phoenix Area, South West Florida, Austin, Houston/Galveston, and San Antonio. You can also choose what kind of properties you want to look at, price point, etc. There are listing that pop up that have been on the market for a very long time, and I think they pull properties that are priced under what is selling in that area. There are some potential properties I need to call and see if I can walk through. The one thing that irks me here is that you can take that MLS listing and "Add as a Lead", meaning it will transfer the address to your leads list. However! The bed/bath/year/garage all has to manually entered. The integrating there is a bit meh.
  4. Do you get all of Texas or do you have to pick a market? - Dallas/Fort Worth, Phoenix Area, South West Florida, Austin, Houston/Galveston, and San Antonio is all they have currently. But there are some listings in Abilene or Corsicana that pop up when I search Dallas/Fort Worth. 

Overall, this software is pretty slick. The way all the information is laid out is really easy to understand and look at. It is a lot of fun playing around with it. Also, since they send you motivated seller lists, they email those to you, and then you will have to put it into your leads list. It's not built into the software, this might make it easier for you to be able to upload the information to a service you're using or something. I like it a lot, and I'm glad I was able to try it out. If you have any more questions, feel free to shoot me a PM or tag me. 

See this reply in the discussion

25 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Garland, TX · Member since 2016 · 33 posts · 38 votes
    9y

    Hey @Charles Trussell, I just signed up for Propelio's 7 day free trial. I was using another investor tool, but the comps it gave me did not give me the sold price, and whenever I found a property and had a real estate agent look up the comps, there was more available from the MLS than what flipcomp.com was giving me. I decided to give Propelio a try, since the leads they give you are in addition to the membership instead of having to pay additional fees to the other investor tool I was using. I'll keep you posted on how it works for me!

  • Garland, TX · Member since 2016 · 33 posts · 38 votes
    9y

    Also some pricing, sorry about that. The tool I was using cost $124 a month for deal analysis and the flipcomp.com service, which gave me no good comps and no leads. Now that I have the Pro membership for BiggerPockets ($290 annually I believe), there's no point in paying for the $124 for the deal analysis, and the $89 fee for Propelio will give you access to comps and 4 lead lists. So that is why I thought it was worth while. 

  • Longview, TX · Member since 2017 · 15 posts · 4 votes
    9y

    @Sarah Hale Thank you so much for your insight! I too will be upgrading to Pro shortly so i can utilize the calculators and deal analysis. Once you get to use the site for a bit your review would be awesome! Thank you so much and can't wait to hear back from you!

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Flower Mound, TX · Member since 2013 · 66 posts · 22 votes
    9y

    @Sarah Hale

    I am subscribing so I can hear how you feel about Propelio after your trial period. I am glad to have your feedback on flip comp as I was looking at that one too. Sounds like no need to look any further there. Thanks!

  • Garland, TX · Member since 2016 · 33 posts · 38 votes
    9y

    Hey @Marc Tuckey, I will definitely write a review for y'all. Was there anything you wanted me to test for you that you were interested in specifically, just so I write something worth your time?

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Flower Mound, TX · Member since 2013 · 66 posts · 22 votes
    9y

    @Sarah Hale thanks for the quick response and the offer. I think my biggest questions would be:

    1. Are the updates instant as the MLS? You may not be able to determine without the MLS but have you seen latency on postings, updates, etc., say compared to Zillow or Redfin?
    2. Are the analysis tools good / intuitive?
    3. How about the "Motivated Seller" leads they talk about offering. Do those add value? 
    4. Do you get all of Texas or do you have to pick a market?

    Thats all I can think of for now, but I'm sure there is something I missed. Thanks again for offering some opinion on this.

  • Garland, TX · Member since 2016 · 33 posts · 38 votes
    9y

    Ok @Marc Tuckey, I am ready to answer your questions. 

    1. Are the updates instant as the MLS? You may not be able to determine without the MLS but have you seen latency on postings, updates, etc., say compared to Zillow or Redfin? Propelio doesn't actually offer straight listings from the MLS, it's more like a manager for your leads. So say you get an off market deal, enter in the address into the "Leads" Section and it'll pull county records to fill in the bed/bath/year/garage etc. Then you can run a CMA on that particular property using the MLS.
    2. Are the analysis tools good / intuitive? - The CMA tool is pretty cool. Very easy to enter the parameters. It'll pull sold properties first and it will have a "thumbs up" button or "thumbs down" button so you can discard the ones that don't work for your analysis. You can also click on the address of the properties you are comparing, and it usually will have photos so you can see the grade of the renovations.
    3. How about the "Motivated Seller" leads they talk about offering. Do those add value? - I like this part, and you can get a lot of properties depending on what exactly you are looking for. You can only pick certain markets though; currently they have Dallas/Fort Worth, Phoenix Area, South West Florida, Austin, Houston/Galveston, and San Antonio. You can also choose what kind of properties you want to look at, price point, etc. There are listing that pop up that have been on the market for a very long time, and I think they pull properties that are priced under what is selling in that area. There are some potential properties I need to call and see if I can walk through. The one thing that irks me here is that you can take that MLS listing and "Add as a Lead", meaning it will transfer the address to your leads list. However! The bed/bath/year/garage all has to manually entered. The integrating there is a bit meh.
    4. Do you get all of Texas or do you have to pick a market? - Dallas/Fort Worth, Phoenix Area, South West Florida, Austin, Houston/Galveston, and San Antonio is all they have currently. But there are some listings in Abilene or Corsicana that pop up when I search Dallas/Fort Worth. 

    Overall, this software is pretty slick. The way all the information is laid out is really easy to understand and look at. It is a lot of fun playing around with it. Also, since they send you motivated seller lists, they email those to you, and then you will have to put it into your leads list. It's not built into the software, this might make it easier for you to be able to upload the information to a service you're using or something. I like it a lot, and I'm glad I was able to try it out. If you have any more questions, feel free to shoot me a PM or tag me. 

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Flower Mound, TX · Member since 2013 · 66 posts · 22 votes
    9y

    @Sarah Hale

    Thanks for the detailed response and great info! All in all it sounds like a great tool for the non-licensed investor. I really like that the leads add value as that seems like a nice plus compared to some of the other sites. I use Podio for my CRM so guess I would need to port my leads over there either way. If one was needing a CRM that would add even more of a value proposition for them. I think I will try the service out. Again appreciate your time putting the detailed response together!

  • Garland, TX · Member since 2016 · 33 posts · 38 votes
    9y

    @Marc Tuckey, no worries! I am more than happy to help out when I can. I wish you much success :)

  • Real Estate Investor/ Private Investigator · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2015 · 73 posts · 20 votes
    9y

    @Sarah 

    @Sarah Hale Hi Sarah, just following up on this discussion about Propelio. I noticed that four months ago you signed up for this service and was wondering how the system is treating you?  I've been looking for a way to run my own comps, so I'm curious to know whether or not Propelio is the way to go or is there something better out there for comps?  Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

  • Garland, TX · Member since 2016 · 33 posts · 38 votes
    9y

    Propelio is the only service that I have used so far that I have liked @Hector Lozano. I have tried FlipComp, but the data isn't complete, and the filters to use for a property wasn't user friendly. A lot of information that Propelio gave you, FlipComp didn't come close. However, FlipComp maybe in more areas than Propelio at the moment. I would at least try it, they do have a 30 day money back guarantee. 

  • Real Estate Investor/ Private Investigator · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2015 · 73 posts · 20 votes
    9y

    @Sarah 

    @Sarah Hale Thanks for the reply!!!

  • Investor · Pearland, TX · Member since 2013 · 66 posts · 37 votes
    9y

    I wanted to add my 2 cents. I haven't tried Propelio yet but I have tried Fastcma which is another company based in Dallas. Also, there is Investway which is used by a lot of members from the REIA up there in Dallas. I haven't used Investway or Propelio but I have tried Fastcma. It offers some pre-foreclosure leads and probate leads. Also, Fastcma has unlimited comps but I didn't love the interface on it. I will have to try Propelio next. If you are local to Houston and Dallas, you can also use RealAcquisitions.com. It has many leads and comps but I didn't love the comps engine on that one. It's more useful for leads than anything else. Hope that helps a little to cover all the bases.

  • Wholesaler · Coppell, TX · Member since 2015 · 1 post · 0 votes
    9y

    I noticed you mentioned a Propelio Pro membership for BiggerPockets price of $290 annual.

    How did you get that pricing?

  • Contractor · Texas, IN · Member since 2016 · 29 posts · 12 votes
    8y

    Hi to all.

    Tried Propelio for 7 days, currently suscribed to FastCMA from ReaEstateIQ to try for 1 month. Just suscribed for 7-day trial to Investway.

    In a week I'll post my impresions as an investor. 

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Flower Mound, TX · Member since 2013 · 66 posts · 22 votes
    8y

    Will look forward to the results...

  • Contractor · Texas, IN · Member since 2016 · 29 posts · 12 votes
    8y

    Hi, guys. I just finish my trials for the services. (Note: DFW area only, as this is where I am primarily operating.)

    Propelio: Good tool for running comps. Need some polishing for a friendlier interface, but liked the result pages presentation for comps. Can use them in a copy/paste way to fill my deal analizing precambric worksheet.

    Fast CMA from RealEstateIQ: Good for running comps too. Don't understand how they order the results (date, price, $/sf, area, etc) can't sort them in the order I like. Kind of difficult to copy/paste them to my precambric worksheet. Excelent to get alternative leads, as they crunch the data for you.

    Investway: Very good system to get the comps for you analysis. Comps are sent to you via email, so you can manipulate them to organize to your needs. Very friendly interface. And you get leads form the MLS that the data they crunch for you tells are undervalued on the listings. Very useful.

    So now I keep using Fast CMA and Investway.

    Hope this help at least one of you BiggerPockets members!

    Be safe

    Alejandro Riera

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Flower Mound, TX · Member since 2013 · 66 posts · 22 votes
    8y

    Alejandro,

    Thanks for the update. I continue to use Fast CMA as well and find it to work pretty well. For you copy and paste, I suggest using the function to email it to yourself then copy and paste from the email.

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Dallas, TX · Member since 2018 · 25 posts · 5 votes
    8y

    @Sarah Hale ,@alejandrao riera : Thanks for your quick intuition into these tools.  I am thinking of signing up for real estate iq for getting the offmarket leads and foreclosure data. Do you guys use any CRM tool like podio for managing your business . I would appreciate any suggestions on  that.

  • Rental Property Investor · San Francisco, CA · Member since 2017 · 16 posts · 11 votes
    7y

    Thanks for the great discussion. @Marc Tuckey wondering if you ended up switching your CRM from Podio to Propelio and if so, how that's working for you? For comps, I'm currently checking out Rehab Valuator which also puts all the property info into a really nice presentation for your buyers/investors. If anyone has feedback on any of these tools, it would be much appreciated!

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Flower Mound, TX · Member since 2013 · 66 posts · 22 votes
    7y

    @Anya Sagee I did not end up making  the switch. I am still using Podio and it works pretty good for the CRM side. I also have rehab valuator for deal analysis, but it simply does not get good comparable sold data from zillow in Texas, since the sell prices do not have to be disclosed.  

  • Investor · Fort Worth, TX · Member since 2016 · 41 posts · 48 votes
    6y

    I have been using propelio for a few months. I pulls nationwide MLS comps and package a reports in a nice format. It is crazy easy to skiptrace and send direct mail marketing. Another fantastic source is the free real estate training on the propelio academy. They claim to have spent roughly $700,000 to build the academy and it is free for everyone. Here is some content I got from the propelio website.

    Motivated Sellers List:
    -Narrow your search to specific counties or zipcodes
    -Choose from different owner types – Absentee (plus out of state), Bank-owned, Trust Owned or Owner Occupied
    -Filter by equity – High Equity, Low Equity, Free and Clear or Upside down
    -Stack motivations by filtering for Pre-Foreclosures, Seniors and more.

    Cash Buyers List:
    -Big Property? Small Property? Find a buyer who buys your size
    -Buyers don’t buy everywhere – Search for buyers who buy properties in your market
    -Filter buyers by deal count to find the pros in your area

    Private Lenders List:
    -Search for lenders where you buy
    -Find professional lenders by filtering out the ones who have only done a few deals
    -Set the minimum and maximum amounts to see lenders who do deals around your size

    Drive for dollars:
    -Instant skip trace
    -Easy postcards

    Website:
    -Websites Take Only Minutes To Get Started by Filling Out a Quick Questionaire
    -Each New Site Comes With Preset Content That Is Industry Related and Built to Capture Leads
    (This content can be changed anytime)
    -Lead Capture Tools Are Automatically Integrated Into Your New Site From Launch
    -You Get a Domain Name Included With Your New Website

    Pull data from the recorder's office in several major markets:
    -Affidavit of Heirship
    -Appoint of Substitute Trustee
    -Probate
    -Foreclosure

    Pull 5,000 lines of data a day for lead list I believe it uses list source just without all the fancy parameters.

  • Investor · Lewisville, TX · Member since 2016 · 8 posts · 2 votes
    6y

    Thanks, @Brady Durr! Helpful in assessing my current in-house systems. I've been using REIPro for several months. By my comparison to other similar products, they excel at providing accurate and relevant MLS-like information (in a non-reporting state). I'm not sure just how they manage it, but I wanted to look at alternatives. Just signed up to test out Propelio for the 14 day-trial.

    Again, grateful for the sharing!

  • Rental Property Investor · Dallas, TX · Member since 2018 · 7 posts · 1 vote
    6y

    Thank you @Brady Durr for your insight regarding Propelio. Currently, looking to replace my lead generator and was wondering how reliable are leads from Propelio? 5000 leads per day sound great, however, the lead to phone connection ratio is my concern. 

  • Member since 2020 · 14 posts · 14 votes
    6y

    So this is a good convo . I have been using DealMachine,propstream,reiskip,text magic,free podio ,and true ppl search for quick skips .I’m wondering if Propelio is better than propstream and reireply . I could use Propelio to combine what I use propstream and DealMachine for if it’s as good with the data. I want to add rvm and sms from one platform and it looks like reireply does that and has crm but not sure . I got a call from James at calltools as well today because I was thinking of adding a dialer as well it’s gonna be between call tools and mojo probably. What are your thoughts?

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.