First time home buyer NJ/NY need advice where to start

First time home buyer NJ/NY need advice where to start

San Diego, CA · Member since 2017 · 17 posts · 4 votes

First time home buyer, I'm curious what agency/Realtor I should use or what is the best way to go about finding the best deal for a property weather it be apartment, condo, or house. I will be buying in the NJ/NY area in May/June. Also who should I have evaluate the home as far as it's general well being or structure and maintenance problems that may be hiding. If you need any more information please let me know, also any help at all to point me in the right direction will help. I will be in NY/NJ for only a week in April before having to decide (a friend will be there prior scouting). Also any tricks to buying a home out of state or something to be aware of in NJ/NY.

Thank you very much! 

0Reply
12 views

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Severn, MD · Member since 2016 · 7 posts · 3 votes
    9y

    Hey, do you mind if I message you? I can get some more info on specifics and find a realtor who fits with you perfectly!

  • Severn, MD · Member since 2016 · 7 posts · 3 votes
    9y

    Maxwell, I know a few agents in Northern NJ and New York, can you message me with a few more details and I'll get you hooked up with them?

  • Jericho, NY · Member since 2016 · 143 posts · 49 votes
    9y
    Hey Maxwell, as with anything else you should speak and interview with several options. Some people may better serve you in specific areas and some may work best with your specific needs. Feel free to reach out with any questions.
  • Rental Property Investor · North Fork, NY · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 631 votes
    9y

    @Maxwell Howard

    Since you are open to house or condo and open to NY (big state with price points across the board) and NJ. you might want to rent first. Too big of a deal to lock yourself down after visiting for a week unless you are very familiar with the tristate area and know what you want, imo. Closing costs are ridiculous here too, maybe like CA, idk though. Good luck. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.