Being surrounded by negativity and adverse risk takers

Being surrounded by negativity and adverse risk takers

Real Estate Agent · Pompano Beach, FL · Member since 2015 · 249 posts · 73 votes

One of the things I have learned and to be honest with you I have run across this problem in all fascists of life is to stay away from negative people. I was recently asked what was I doing to make money and I explained my investing ideas and immediately was met with skepticism. Funny thing is one of the people who told me this was a bad idea was a person who himself has lost tens of thousands of dollars on non real estate get rich plans and I just sat there with amazement thinking to myself "Really!" But of course once things start running well those same people suddenly were your biggest supporters! But i have learned that majority of the pushback i have ever recieved has been due to that persons lack of education on Rehabbing and acquiring rental properties. What are some of your stories?

6Reply
34 views

Most Popular Reply

Greg H.Pro Member
Moderator
Broker/Flipper · Austin, TX · Member since 2013 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
11y

Great post ! Most of our friends have nicer cars than us (with large car payments) along with nicer furniture (and furniture payments) but they do get to "like" our status on Facebook when we are on vacation (because they cant afford to go ) !

See this reply in the discussion

32 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Property Manager · Boise, ID · Member since 2014 · 160 posts · 192 votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @Account Closed:

    The word ignorant isnt offensive at all. It means not being informed about something... 

    Even people whose did not receive an education beyond  the age of 13 know what the word ignorant means. Be careful who you say it to.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-u_Q3eVYU0

    Perhaps some of us have progressed since 1974, and realize that words today (especially words used in slang) do not necessarily carry the same connotation they did back then.  At the same time, I do realize that some are hopelessly stuck in the past, too.

  • Laurel, MD · Member since 2015 · 101 posts · 30 votes
    11y

    The post removed actually got a forum vote. 

    Unlike the word wicked 

    http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Wic...

    the meaning of the word ignorant hasn't changed.

    http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=ign...

    Now I've repeated that because it's important but I don't really want to be part of a community that tolerates gratuitous insults and have informed the mods accordingly.

  • Real Estate Agent · Pompano Beach, FL · Member since 2015 · 249 posts · 73 votes
    11y

    im all confused now with this thread lol...

  • Altoona, PA · Member since 2015 · 5 posts · 0 votes
    11y

    This is one of my most favorite sayings: 

    "Don't let negative and toxic people rent the space in your head. Raise the rent and kick them out!" ~ Robert Tew

  • Real Estate Agent · Pompano Beach, FL · Member since 2015 · 249 posts · 73 votes
    11y

    I like that quote Leva! Although I battle sometimes going through with that thinking

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.