Tell Everyone!

Tell Everyone!

Investor · Texas/Colorado · Member since 2014 · 72 posts · 36 votes

Morning BP

I just wanted to take a sec to encourage everyone to tell everyone you are a real estate investor. I kept hearing the guest on the podcast say it so I decided to focus on that simple task. Since deciding to do that I have discovered that a really good friend of mine is heavily invested in real estate. I knew he had some investments in RE but I never knew the extent because it was a topic he never knew I was interested in so it never came up. Result...I have a very experienced resource to turn to and a mentor. I also found out today that a good friend of my best friend invests in RE on multiple continents. We are on a guys trip to celebrate the bday of our mutual friend and he happened to ask me what I do. I told him I pay my bills with restaurants but my job is investing in real estate. Without telling me what he did, he asked if this was a good time to buy with prices going up. I told him it's always a good time to buy if the deals right (I stole that from BP:)). He proceeded to tell me about the 5 rentals and three flips he's done so I now realize I am talking to an experienced investor. Then he tells me about the major land development he is doing in Brazil so I now thank God I listen to BP podcast because it gave me the confidence not run from the table because I am sooooo out of my league. Results...He connected me with his realtor who specializes in finding foreclosures for his clients. I also have another resource for questions and who knows where the relationship will go. All this came from telling everyone I meet that I am a real estate investor. Be proud of what you are doing for your future and your family and tell everyone because you never know who you are talking to.

2Reply
11 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Investor · San Marcos, CA · Member since 2014 · 14 posts · 41 votes
11y

@Carey Edmund - Thanks for posting this! I'm going to have to contact my friends in Brazil to see if they have any real estate investment opportunities. 

YES, this is so important! Just a few hours ago I wrote a brief message explaining that I was interested in buying multi-family real estate (duplex, triplex, fourplex, small apartment complex or mobile home park) and that if they could put me in contact with anyone they knew who wanted to sell such a property. I sent the message to 25 friends. Within 1 hour, yes, just 1 hour, I had 10 replies with assurances to spread the word for me. Two gave me contact information for two multi-family property investors they know. One is contacting her inlaws who have multi-family properties and may want to sell. Another, told me that she's been "eyeing" a small apartment complex in her town but never thought of actually buying it. I told her to get me the address and I would get the owner info. from the assessor's office, contact the owner and ask if they wanna sell. Then I told her that if I was able to find a good deal we could arrange a joint venture. She said, that would be great, she never thought of that and is now walking over to get the address for me. And, one of my contacts replied with, "Do you want to buy my triplex?" I didn't know he had one that he wanted to sell and now we are chatting about rent, maintenance costs, seller financing, vacancies and such.

I was really surprised at these responses but I'm so inspired! 

See this reply in the discussion

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Investor · San Marcos, CA · Member since 2014 · 14 posts · 41 votes
    11y

    @Carey Edmund - Thanks for posting this! I'm going to have to contact my friends in Brazil to see if they have any real estate investment opportunities. 

    YES, this is so important! Just a few hours ago I wrote a brief message explaining that I was interested in buying multi-family real estate (duplex, triplex, fourplex, small apartment complex or mobile home park) and that if they could put me in contact with anyone they knew who wanted to sell such a property. I sent the message to 25 friends. Within 1 hour, yes, just 1 hour, I had 10 replies with assurances to spread the word for me. Two gave me contact information for two multi-family property investors they know. One is contacting her inlaws who have multi-family properties and may want to sell. Another, told me that she's been "eyeing" a small apartment complex in her town but never thought of actually buying it. I told her to get me the address and I would get the owner info. from the assessor's office, contact the owner and ask if they wanna sell. Then I told her that if I was able to find a good deal we could arrange a joint venture. She said, that would be great, she never thought of that and is now walking over to get the address for me. And, one of my contacts replied with, "Do you want to buy my triplex?" I didn't know he had one that he wanted to sell and now we are chatting about rent, maintenance costs, seller financing, vacancies and such.

    I was really surprised at these responses but I'm so inspired! 

  • Hanford, CA · Member since 2013 · 5k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    11y

    I totally agree! There are alot of us who don't say anything but are very active. It was until recently that I even said anything in my personal life. So if you don't speak up and talk about it. You will never find all the great resources that are around you :)

  • Investor · Great Falls, MT · Member since 2014 · 163 posts · 132 votes
    11y

    Very true. I'm always careful to avoid sounding like I'm bragging but I've found mentioning my investing (which I enjoy talking about with people anyway) is a great networking tool in and of itself.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.