Would You Do This Deal Solo? Need Advice on Structure & Strategy

Would You Do This Deal Solo? Need Advice on Structure & Strategy

Investor · AR · Member since 2020 · 10 posts · 9 votes

Hey BP Community,

I’m working through a potential solo deal and would really appreciate some feedback before I move forward. My background is in flips and some rentals, but this would be my first hybrid play combining buy-and-hold rentals with a land development exit.

Here’s the situation:

Deal Summary:

• Purchase Price: $400,000

• What’s Included:

• 2 single-family homes

• 20 total acres of land (17.5 acres planned for rezoning)

• Location: Arkansas: growing market, near highway access, with strong potential for commercial or industrial rezoning

• My Plan:

• Hold both homes as long-term rentals

• Rent #1: $1,350/month

• Rent #2: $1,500/month

• Estimated equity in each home: $60K–$75K

• Rezone the 17.5 acres, clear it, and sell it for profit

• Ideally recoup most of my cash while keeping the rentals and possibly creating long-term upside on the land sale

My Financial Position:

• Cash Available: $120,000

• Additional Asset: Separate clear land valued at $110,000 (fully paid off — potentially usable as collateral if needed)

• I’m trying to structure this deal creatively so I minimize cash out of pocket and maintain liquidity for future investments

What I’m Asking:

1. Would you take this deal solo? Why or why not?

2. What’s the best financing or leverage strategy here to avoid tying up all $120K?

3. Anyone with rezoning experience, what’s your real-world timeline and cost?

4. Would you sell the 17.5 acres as one parcel or subdivide for a higher return?

This feels like a strong mix of cash flow, equity, and forced appreciation, but I want to make sure I’m not missing a smarter structure or hidden risk.

Appreciate any insight, especially from anyone who’s done similar land/rental combo plays or zoning upgrades.

Thanks in advance!

2Reply
29 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Kerry Noble JrPro Member
    Investor · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2018 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    1y

    Possibly find a partner, possibly with someone that does the development in the area i the path of development. 

  • Kerry Noble JrPro Member
    Investor · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2018 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    1y

    That person with development experience can cover #2 also. 

    4. i would go ahead and subdivide 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.