How do I determine how much is the most to offer on a FSBO

How do I determine how much is the most to offer on a FSBO

chicago, IL · Member since 2013 · 10 posts · 1 vote

I want to buy and hold, but I'm not sure if what he is offering is a fair price. He wants to rent for $1100 monthly or I can by out right for 40,000. Do I run comps as if I was wholesaling or do you do something completely different when I am buying and holding a property? Very confussing.

0Reply
23 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Delaware, OH · Member since 2013 · 224 posts · 64 votes
    12y

    Hi Lynn. I don't understand your post. Are you saying the owner is willing to sell to you for $40k, or rent to you for $1100/month? And if you bought it, you would then rent it?

  • chicago, IL · Member since 2013 · 10 posts · 1 vote
    12y

    Okay I know that I'm not making much sense but here we go. I went to see the property because I was interested in purchasing the property. He's says that I can purchase it out right for $40K. I was trying to see how would I determine if this would be a good deal. Would I do comps of the houses that sold in the area to see if he is asking to much?

  • Residential Real Estate Agent · Cookeville, TN · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 948 votes
    12y

    If you are looking to do this as a buy-and-hold, you need to run comps on the purchase price yes. But you also need to do an analysis of the property as a rental - which will involve getting comps on the market rents for comparable properties, plus taking a good hard look at all of your expenses and financing. If you're very confused, you might want to slow down and learn some more first. There's nothing wrong with that.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.