Great Time To Buy A Rental in Tucson

Great Time To Buy A Rental in Tucson

Member since 2021 · 8 posts · 1 vote

Investment Info:

Single-family residence buy & hold investment in Tucson.

Purchase price: $244,000
Cash invested: $48,000

Amazing little house that is located in the central area of town. Easy for commuters to the UofA, downtown or North. This will be our 14th SFR door.

What made you interested in investing in this type of deal?

Perfect “ugly” house that will make an easy long term rental. Was on the market more than 60 days.

How did you find this deal and how did you negotiate it?

I had shown it to a client and they didn’t want to update it. So I kept coming back to it and decided it would be great to add to our portfolio.

How did you finance this deal?

Conventional Loan

How did you add value to the deal?

Negotiated lower price and the negotiated $3,000 in repairs

What was the outcome?

I sign the closing papers tomorrow!

Lessons learned? Challenges?

Some appraisers are sticklers and we had to take bars off the windows to fund. (Hadn’t been asked to do that before)

Did you work with any real estate professionals (agents, lenders, etc.) that you'd recommend to others?

I’m the agent and I love putting together deals to make it a win-win

0Reply
24 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Tucson AZ · Member since 2019 · 31 posts · 37 votes
4y

What do you expect to get in rent? What will the rehab cost? 

See this reply in the discussion

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Tucson AZ · Member since 2019 · 31 posts · 37 votes
    4y

    What do you expect to get in rent? What will the rehab cost? 

  • Solo 401k Expert · Anaheim Hills, CA · Member since 2012 · 18k+ posts · 6k+ votes
    4y

    Nice! Thanks for sharing @Emily Erickson ! 

  • Member since 2021 · 8 posts · 1 vote
    4y

    @Sam Ohanesian I got a credit for the roof repair, so I’ll get that done. I won’t do any rehab. Rent will go for $1950

  • Investor · San Francisco, CA · Member since 2018 · 7 posts · 5 votes
    4y
    Originally posted by @Emily Erickson:

    @Sam Ohanesian I got a credit for the roof repair, so I’ll get that done. I won’t do any rehab. Rent will go for $1950

    That's amazing for this purchase price. Congrats on the deal. What is the renter profile this area will attract?

  • Member since 2021 · 8 posts · 1 vote
    4y

    Young families typically. We have several homes in this area. Sometimes it’s a single parent and teen. Just depends. 

  • New to Real Estate · Portland, OR · Member since 2020 · 49 posts · 27 votes
    4y

    Congratulations on the property ! Just out of curiosity, what was the neighborhood the property was in? I am trying to learn more about Tucson, as I am an out of state investor.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.