Investing and building a Team in Cleveland OH

Investing and building a Team in Cleveland OH

Member since 2021 · 48 posts · 21 votes

Hello all, I am a REI near Atlanta Ga and have my eyes on the Cleveland OH market. I am interested in picking up a SFH and chiseling out "the core 4", so this SF would be a bit of a beta test to help me build the team so that I can work towards more / larger deals in that area.

I will be in Cleveland later this week. Are there any PM's and Realtors that are available to meet and spend some time with me this Thursday the 10th of June? I will be staying in the Westlake neighborhood. Thank you in advance.

1Reply
16 views

Most Popular Reply

Realtor · Oakland, CA and a Real Estate Investor with Multi-Family Units and a Self Storage Facility · Member since 2016 · 2k+ posts · 2k+ votes
5y

Can you show proof that you already have a pre-approval letter in hand to show them? The Realtors I know out there won't even take the phone call if you aren't...especially on such short notice.

See this reply in the discussion

8 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Member since 2020 · 301 posts · 80 votes
    5y

    Hey @Chad Keilen.  I'll have a chat with a few contacts, and follow up.

    Cheers.

  • Member since 2021 · 48 posts · 21 votes
    5y

    @Ash Fields thanks much appreciated!

  • Realtor · Oakland, CA and a Real Estate Investor with Multi-Family Units and a Self Storage Facility · Member since 2016 · 2k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    5y

    Can you show proof that you already have a pre-approval letter in hand to show them? The Realtors I know out there won't even take the phone call if you aren't...especially on such short notice.

  • Member since 2021 · 48 posts · 21 votes
    5y

    @Brian Garlington no pre-approval letter but can show them cash sitting in an account? I wouldn't do the rehab work until later.

  • Member since 2021 · 48 posts · 21 votes
    5y

    @Brian Garlington Idea is to buy a rented property now under 70k and use money from another property (eligible to finance it in October) to rehab the CLE property that I purchase now. Rehab could not happen til oct/sec, which is why I would prefer something that is already rented (obviously at a lower rate than I would rent it for after rehab).

    And after the CLE property is rehabbed and rented is when I would look to get that one financed.

  • Real Estate Broker · Cleveland Dayton Cincinnati Toledo Columbus & Akron, OH · Member since 2013 · 30k+ posts · 20k+ votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @Chad Keilen:

    Hello all, I am a REI near Atlanta Ga and have my eyes on the Cleveland OH market. I am interested in picking up a SFH and chiseling out "the core 4", so this SF would be a bit of a beta test to help me build the team so that I can work towards more / larger deals in that area.

    I will be in Cleveland later this week. Are there any PM's and Realtors that are available to meet and spend some time with me this Thursday the 10th of June? I will be staying in the Westlake neighborhood. Thank you in advance.

     Welcome aboard Chad. While you're in town I recommend you take a tour of the popular rental neighborhoods. If you're just looking at things from the perspective of Westlake you won't get a true idea of what you'll likely be investing in. Cleveland and Westlake are definitely not one in the same as for as living experiences. For more info check out The Ultimate Guide to Grading Cleveland Neighborhoods.

  • Member since 2021 · 48 posts · 21 votes
    5y

    @James Wise thanks for reaching out. I have a list of properties and all there details listed in a spreadsheet that I plan to drive why while In town. One of the columns in the spreadsheet is titled, "James Wise Grade...your document has already been very helpful, thank you!

  • Real Estate Broker · Cleveland Dayton Cincinnati Toledo Columbus & Akron, OH · Member since 2013 · 30k+ posts · 20k+ votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @Chad Keilen:

    @James Wise thanks for reaching out. I have a list of properties and all there details listed in a spreadsheet that I plan to drive why while In town. One of the columns in the spreadsheet is titled, "James Wise Grade...your document has already been very helpful, thank you!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.