Realtor In Austin That Invests/Wholesales/Generates Leads..

Realtor In Austin That Invests/Wholesales/Generates Leads..

Investor · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2013 · 67 posts · 24 votes

Hey everyone,

I'm looking for a great realtor in Austin that invests themselves, and also works with investors. I'd like to find someone for a long-term business relationship. Please, send me recommendations if you have them, or PM me if you're The One. :)

R.

1Reply
14 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Round Rock, TX · Member since 2010 · 8k+ posts · 4k+ votes
13y

Small world....I met with Cory Gulotta this week to try to bring him on as a new finder on our team.

See this reply in the discussion

13 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Austin, TX · Member since 2013 · 113 posts · 30 votes
    13y

    I've had good luck with Cory Gulotta
    The Elite Group
    e-Executive Realty

    He has been helping me for several months and we bought one property (last month) during that time. Cory scouts properties a partner meets me for showings.

  • Investor · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2013 · 67 posts · 24 votes
    13y

    Thank you! I will look him up immediately.

  • Real Estate Investor · New York, NY · Member since 2012 · 210 posts · 15 votes
    13y

    I think it depends on what "type" of properties you are looking for. I've found some that are best for buy'n'hold downtown, others for leander/round rock plays, others that love south austin, others that specialize in rehabs etc. Some espouse higher cash flow in more suburban areas, others are more buy-and-hold at worse cash flows to start.

  • Real Estate Investor · New York, NY · Member since 2012 · 210 posts · 15 votes
    13y

    For example, I know one agent who loves pitching 78748/78749 in good schools etc., another who seems to focus all of his time up in leander/pflugerville/round rock, another who claims to have transacted in 78744 30 times in last two years, and another who recommends against 78744 and better to buy closer to downtown or wells branch areas...

    I think the best ones right now are those that can source non-MLS.

  • Investor · Round Rock, TX · Member since 2010 · 8k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    13y

    Small world....I met with Cory Gulotta this week to try to bring him on as a new finder on our team.

  • Investor · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2013 · 67 posts · 24 votes
    13y

    Arjun: Yes, I believe you're right. It's definitely got to be a match in terms of goals/areas. I have a wonderful agent I work with in another state who does fix/flips himself; he understands them, understands the method, and wants to see certain areas of the area cleaned up and brought to a higher standard-- and I feel the same way, so we sync perfectly, and I trust him enough to have bought 2 properties last year sight unseen (except for photos/video footage) until after closing--and they both pulled through with excellent returns.

    I'm new to the Austin arena, and I feel the *HEAT* of the market--I definitely don't want to get burned, so I need a pretty knowledgeable agent, and a resourceful one at that. I'm more into the cash-flow properties, but I buy and hold (or flip and hold) long-term (why sell if they *produce*).

    Bryan: What was your take on Cory? What did he talk about specializing in? Are you going to work with him?

  • Wholesaler · Austin, TX · Member since 2013 · 13 posts · 0 votes
    13y

    Hi Raquel!

    I work with a local realtor, Matt Viebrock, as a wholesaler and we work directly with investors. We'll work any area of Austin as long as the numbers make sense and as long as it meets the strategy of the investors we work with. Matt is also a licensed realtor that was previously the only realtor in Austin for Lifestyles Unlimited (www.lifestylesunlimited.com), and now he's with the #1 Keller Williams team in Austin (The Heyl Group). Matt can help you with any MLS deals. He and I as partners specialize in off-market deals. I hope this helps!

    Take care,
    Greg

  • Investor · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2013 · 67 posts · 24 votes
    13y

    Hey Greg,

    Thanks for the info! I shot him an email, and noted his profile on BP. Let me ask you something: how do you find your off-market deals? Are you driving for dollars, or do you have a marketing system in place? If so, what areas?

    R.

  • Investor · Round Rock, TX · Member since 2010 · 8k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    13y

    I was fairly impressed with Cory and he followed up on Friday with some potential deals that we'll likely find out more about next week. He was recommended by one of my dear friends at Gossett/Jones so that is a ringing endorsement for me. We'll see how things work out in the real world.

    One of the things that appealed to me about him is that he'll take his commission as a partner in the deal. That is desirable so that it creates alignment and it also helps to ration equity.

    Let me know if Matt ends up being a good contact. I checked him out on LinkedIn and it seems like he's making his living more as a recruiter than a Realtor. I'm not sure that is a good fit for us, but if you recommend him we could give him a try.

  • Investor · Round Rock, TX · Member since 2013 · 42 posts · 34 votes
    13y

    Hi Raquel,
    I'm biased, but my wife specializes in investment property and leasing here in Austin. She's one of the manager's at JB Goodwin. Her name is pronounced Swan and she works with a bunch of out of town investors like yourself.

  • Investor · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2013 · 67 posts · 24 votes
    13y

    @ Bryan, Yes, I noticed that on his linked in as well, and it was a concern for me... I usually like full-timers because they're more invested in the outcome, as it IS their living. We shall see. I'm going to plan another trip to Austin at some point this month or next in order to interview several realtors I've come in contact with here on Bigger Pockets... but FIRST... closing on 3 properties and pulling my hair out with those. :) I'll keep you updated on the realtors, and share notes on them as well. I tend to ask a lot of questions.

    @ Richard, I will check her out as well, thank you for letting me know!! :)

  • Wholesaler · Austin, TX · Member since 2013 · 13 posts · 0 votes
    13y

    Hi Raquel L.,

    I sent you an email...just wanted to be sure it shows up in your inbox, thanks!

    Greg

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Austin, TX · Member since 2009 · 405 posts · 168 votes
    13y

    I use Harold McGee in Austin.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.