New Member Intro - located in Woodstock, Ga

New Member Intro - located in Woodstock, Ga

New to Real Estate · Woodstock, GA · Member since 2020 · 3 posts · 1 vote

Hi! My name is Katie and I am new to the industry. My husband and I are located in Woodstock, Ga. We are hoping to connect with others in the area. Right now we are in the education phase of the process and elbows deep in books, webinars and podcasts. I’d love to connect with others who are in the Atlanta area and learn some tricks of the trade for our local market.

0Reply
12 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Agent · Athens, GA · Member since 2016 · 16 posts · 14 votes
6y

Hey @Graham Bolinger. Welcome!  Congrats on getting in the game as an agent and as an investor.  I am an investor and agent in Athens, as well.  If there is anything I can do to help, please don't hesitate to reach out!

See this reply in the discussion

11 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Matthew NicklinBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Woodstock, GA · Member since 2018 · 253 posts · 255 votes
    6y

    Welcome @Katie Pandolfo! I am also in Woodstock, GA. Are you entering the industry as an Agent, Investor, or what our your goals?

    I am a Broker(Run a small Brokerage in Woodstock, GA that specializes in Sales and Property Management, with about 85% of our business being investor driven). I am also an investor with 7 properties currently, with an 8th one under contract. I have done everything from lending, to flips, to rentals, but prefer the rentals for all the tax advantages. 

  • New to Real Estate · Canton, GA · Member since 2020 · 29 posts · 16 votes
    6y

    Hello Katie and Matthew! I am new to real estate investing and live in the Canton area. Following this thread. 

  • Brenden MitchumBusiness Member
    Rental Property Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2019 · 1k+ posts · 872 votes
    6y

    Hey @Katie Pandolfo, welcome to the BP community!

    Now is actually a fantastic time to be in that education phase. There is a lot of uncertainty out there right now, especially in real estate, so not the friendliest time for new investors. However, it is a great time to be learning everything you can and positioning yourself to take advantage of any coming opportunities. Make sure you are not just limiting yourself to books and podcasts about specific strategies, like house hacking or BRRRRs, but are also keeping up with the bigger picture stuff so that you can anticipate which strategies will have the most opportunity in the coming market shift. 

    Please, feel free to message me anytime if you have questions or just want to chat!

  • New to Real Estate · Woodstock, GA · Member since 2020 · 3 posts · 1 vote
    6y

    Thanks for all the replies!  We are narrowing our focus on single family buy and hold rental properties. Right now I'm reading, "The Book on Rental Property Investing", "Rich Dad, Poor Dad," and listening to The BP podcast as well as the book, "The book on Investing in Real Estate with No or low Money Down". 

    Do any of you know if there are any sort of virtual meet-ups in the area? (I think in-person is probably off the table right now due to Covid??)  I want to continue to learn from people directly about this area specifically...tricks of the trade...etc. 

  • Matthew NicklinBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Woodstock, GA · Member since 2018 · 253 posts · 255 votes
    6y

    @Katie Pandolfo Yeah a lot of the meetups are still meeting up virtually right now. If you go on Facebook and search "Atlanta Real Estate Meetup" that is the biggest free Real Estate Meetup in Atlanta with about 1,600 members. They have a lot of valuable posts in the group and they do a zoom call once a month. I am hoping they go back to in person once all of this has passed.

    You also have all the REIA's in Atlanta that are still meeting virtually. You can join the REIAs as a member to attend all of their meetings or just pay a small fee per webinar etc. They are all a bit different. The biggest REIAs in Atlanta are Georgia REIA, South Atlanta REIA, and the Atlanta REIA.

  • New to Real Estate · Woodstock, GA · Member since 2020 · 3 posts · 1 vote
    6y

    Thanks, @Matthew Nicklin I will check it out! 

  • Realtor · Woodstock, GA · Member since 2020 · 10 posts · 3 votes
    6y

    Hi all! I am also new to real estate investing and am in the education phase- based out of the Athens area. I did, however, choose to enter the industry as an agent to speed up the process. Following this thread!

  • Real Estate Agent · Athens, GA · Member since 2016 · 16 posts · 14 votes
    6y

    Hey @Graham Bolinger. Welcome!  Congrats on getting in the game as an agent and as an investor.  I am an investor and agent in Athens, as well.  If there is anything I can do to help, please don't hesitate to reach out!

  • Realtor · Woodstock, GA · Member since 2020 · 10 posts · 3 votes
    6y

    @Ryan Hamm Thank you for the warm welcome! Just sent you a pm

  • Realtor · Athens, GA · Member since 2017 · 336 posts · 123 votes
    6y

    @Katie Pandolfo Welcome to the community. I am an investor and agent in the Athens Ga area. If I can be of service please message me. Good luck! 

  • Investor · Jacksonville Beach, FL · Member since 2017 · 12 posts · 13 votes
    6y

    Hey Katie!! Me and my husband are buy and hold investors currently living in Jax, FL, but we have a couple of properties in GA and plan to move back by the end of the year. We've been up at our cabin in Blue Ridge for the past month and a half and hope to keep spending more time up here! Now is a great time to be in the learning phase, just make sure you don't get stuck there! Set realistic goals and timelines! Good luck! 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.