Looking for the best opportunities in the Tampa Bay area

Looking for the best opportunities in the Tampa Bay area

Member since 2020 · 1 post · 0 votes

I want to start investing in Florida. I'm a new member and would like to apprentice with someone our partner up.

0Reply
17 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Tampa, FL · Member since 2019 · 29 posts · 45 votes
6y

You've already failed lesson #1 on BP. 

Answer me this, why would someone want to work with you? Why would someone want to take their time and show you the ropes? Why would someone want to partner up with you? What do you bring to the table? How can you help me? 

Dont be that guy. Don't be the guy who just comes in asking for help, especially someone who asks for help from 2 simple sentences that are bare bones. GIVE US SOMETHING. Why would you be good to work with? What do you bring to the table? How can you help me help you?

At the very least at least come in asking a question with some meat on it. Something that specific, something you've already done some homework on. That'd be like me coming and asking you out of the blue for 100k just because. It doesn't make sense. You have to make yourself valuable to someone somehow. 

Now that we have that out of the way, welcome to BP and greetings from a fellow Tampa guy. Hope I didn't come off too mean, but I think it holds a lot of truth. Best of luck right now with these crazy times. If you have any good specific questions that you've done some homework on, feel free to ask! Honestly. Cheers! 

See this reply in the discussion

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Tampa, FL · Member since 2019 · 29 posts · 45 votes
    6y

    You've already failed lesson #1 on BP. 

    Answer me this, why would someone want to work with you? Why would someone want to take their time and show you the ropes? Why would someone want to partner up with you? What do you bring to the table? How can you help me? 

    Dont be that guy. Don't be the guy who just comes in asking for help, especially someone who asks for help from 2 simple sentences that are bare bones. GIVE US SOMETHING. Why would you be good to work with? What do you bring to the table? How can you help me help you?

    At the very least at least come in asking a question with some meat on it. Something that specific, something you've already done some homework on. That'd be like me coming and asking you out of the blue for 100k just because. It doesn't make sense. You have to make yourself valuable to someone somehow. 

    Now that we have that out of the way, welcome to BP and greetings from a fellow Tampa guy. Hope I didn't come off too mean, but I think it holds a lot of truth. Best of luck right now with these crazy times. If you have any good specific questions that you've done some homework on, feel free to ask! Honestly. Cheers! 

  • Investor · Coloardo Springs · Member since 2020 · 11 posts · 8 votes
    6y

    @Matt Gironda I'm in the same boat over on the East side; north of WPB. I'm looking for property in Tampa area, Treasure Coast, and Orlando. I have 10 years in residential construction and good network of subs and material suppliers. I was pushing to be full time in RE by 2020 (that was the plan before the Corona Craze). I'm far from a mentor and not sure what you are looking for in a partner but if you want to discuss ideas and strategy or know of any solid meet ups. Send me a PM. 

  • Real Estate Broker · Hyde Park Tampa, FL · Member since 2019 · 2k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    6y

    Tampa is a growing market; 200 people a day move here and the demand for housing far exceeds the inventory - which is at historical lows.  Our year-over-year rental price increases are rated #2 in the nation. All good...but with all good comes a price tag.  The best markets aren't cheap. The more affordable ones may not be in areas that have transitioned - and maybe never will.  This is not the market to "wing it."  I have investors with heavy buyers' remorse contact me each week looking for help to undo what they did based on price versus market. 

    I recommend that you clarify what you're looking to achieve in your real estate apprenticeship and/or partnership. Real Estate is a complex business; being skilled in one area will not equate to being skilled in another.

    And, welcome to real estate investing.  I hope you will find it to be as interesting, challenging, and rewarding as I have.  Best.  

  • Investor · The Woodlands, TX · Member since 2020 · 45 posts · 23 votes
    6y

    Just start reading books. 

  • Investor · Tampa, FL · Member since 2015 · 78 posts · 30 votes
    6y

    Hi @Matt Gironda happy to connect. Looking at opportunities in Tampa with a partner

  • Real Estate Agent · Tampa Florida · Member since 2013 · 630 posts · 303 votes
    6y

    @Dean Fiacco @Matt Gironda

    Tampa is a great place to live and work.  Matt where are you from?  What kind of partnerships are you both looking for?  I would love to chat.  Maybe we can do some deals!  The market here is still going, even with all of this going on.  If you the ability to purchase, right now is the time!  

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.