Investing in a Gold Mining Community in Northern Ontario

Investing in a Gold Mining Community in Northern Ontario

Rental Property Investor · Timmins, Ontario · Member since 2019 · 14 posts · 4 votes

Typically, we have not locally felt the bumps of a recession in our community. Of course we feel it other ways but typically gold mining booms during a recession, so it's hard to argue that investing in a gold mining community may be safe with talk of a recession around the corner. 

I am wondering if anyone has any experience with this?

Should I be patient or jump in to the market? 

Should I be reaching out to investors?

Any information is helpful.

Thanks,

Troy

0Reply
12 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Agent · Burlingame, CA · Member since 2017 · 5 posts · 2 votes
    6y

    Throughout California, Gold mining communities have dried up and turned into Ghost towns. Similar situations have occurred throughout the Mid-west with coal... I assume all would depend on what your investment timeframe and what your goals are. Investment in a town driven off one economic factor could prove risky in the long term. If this is the case, understand all the economic factors in that area that drive the job force and how those factors could affect demand for tenants. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.