Estimating Repair Costs for Rehabbing/Wholesaling

Estimating Repair Costs for Rehabbing/Wholesaling

Bruce ThomsenPro Member
Rental Property Investor · Fairfield, CT · Member since 2019 · 9 posts · 2 votes

I have some real estate experience but I don't have any construction experience due to that and the current market I'm looking to get into wholesaling properties in CT. 

I'm wondering how I should calculate and break down the estimated repair costs and materials?

Does anyone suggest any software? 

Should we start finding contractors to work with?

Any advice or guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you! 
 

1Reply
12 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Investor · Des Moines, IA · Member since 2016 · 922 posts · 533 votes
    7y

    @Bruce Thomsen

    There's no substitute for getting into the work yourself.

    Do you have a kitchen or bathroom at your house you can personally remodel?

  • Bruce ThomsenPro Member
    OP
    Rental Property Investor · Fairfield, CT · Member since 2019 · 9 posts · 2 votes
    7y

    Hi @Jim Goebel-

    Thanks for the reply. I don’t at this time but that’s a great thought. I’m going to at least price it out and to get a better idea of costs. Thanks!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.