Bell county Texas (Killeen, Copperas Cove, etc..) meetups?

Bell county Texas (Killeen, Copperas Cove, etc..) meetups?

Killeen, TX · Member since 2018 · 5 posts · 3 votes
I noticed a few months to a year or so back on bigger pockets the (Bell County Texas) real estate like minded people where meeting up at El Chico. That place is closed down now and would like like to know if people in the Killeen, Copperas Cove, Harker Heights, Nolanville, Belton, Temple Texas, and surrounding areas had a different meetups location. I’m new to the Bigger Pockets community and would like to possibly attend and get to learn and meet with others locally. I’m sure there may be others as well like myself. Thank you!
1Reply
51 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · Austin, TX · Member since 2017 · 7 posts · 6 votes
7y
See this reply in the discussion

17 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Copperas Cove, TX · Member since 2016 · 38 posts · 23 votes
    7y

    I’m in Copperas Cove, and I could be interested too. I have been a BP fan for a while but never made a meet up

    Thanks, Rick

  • Contractor · Temple, TX · Member since 2014 · 379 posts · 164 votes
    7y

    I have heard that there was a group that met here in Temple each month, but I can't remember when or where.  I, also, would be interested in meeting up with other like minded people.  

    I guess, one thing we could do, if this thread doesn't receive a response telling us if there is one and when and where they meet, we could always begin one just with the people you respond to the thread.  @Jermaine Lewis, you posted this 3 days ago and, at this point, I'm only the 3rd person commenting, including yourself.  But, I know there are other people in Temple, Killeen, Cove, etc. that would, most likely, attend a meetup if we were to coordinate one.  (Just a thought.)

  • Killeen, TX · Member since 2018 · 5 posts · 3 votes
    7y
    @James Stevens I was thinking the same thing. We just might have to organize one of our own kind of meet ups. I am still new a learning the ropes to real estate investing, so meeting with like minded people and getting to share knowledge with others in the area would be good for any and all that decide to join. I would probably give it another week or so just too see how many others so interest and go from there. In my opinion, thanks for your interest and idea!
  • Contractor · Temple, TX · Member since 2014 · 379 posts · 164 votes
    7y

    That was kind of what I was thinking, too, when I said that.  After another week or so, we should either have the answer you were originally seeking or, if not, a few additional people to coordinate with to start one up. 

  • Investor · Cedar Park, TX · Member since 2016 · 463 posts · 177 votes
    7y

    Count me in. Doesn’t bigger pockets have a meet up place we can use? 

  • Contractor · Temple, TX · Member since 2014 · 379 posts · 164 votes
    7y

    @Michael Mullins are you talking about the page that lists all the different meetups?   It's  www.BiggerPockets.com/meet. 

    .   (at least I thought it was)


    OK, they've changed it a little.  Here is the link to the page to create a meetup.  

    https://www.biggerpockets.com/topics/new?forum_id=...

    But in order to list it, you have to have all the info as far as time and location and other things.  

  • Contractor · Temple, TX · Member since 2014 · 379 posts · 164 votes
    7y

    Ok, while doing some searching, I found a REI group in Killeen. Here is a link to their meetup page.

    https://www.meetup.com/Real-Estate-Investors-of-Ki...

    I have never attended any of their meetings, so I can't provide much additional information about them, at this time.   

    I am still considering starting a new group that we can develop and build as we determine to be the best path.  (This is something that I have had in the back of my mind for years now. But, I just wasn't pushing myself enough to actually commit to it and move forward.)

    I would, absolutely, appreciate any and all feed back and suggestions from everyone that has been contributing to this thread.  (That goes for anyone posting in the future, as well.)  

    Thanks,

    James 

  • Contractor · Temple, TX · Member since 2014 · 379 posts · 164 votes
    7y

    Lol.  Alright, now that I have actually started putting some real thought and efforts into starting a new group, I think I just found the group that @Jermaine Lewis was probably referring to in his original post.  

    https://www.meetup.com/Central-Texas-Real-Estate-I...

  • Killeen, TX · Member since 2018 · 5 posts · 3 votes
    7y
    @James Stevens If you decide to start a new meet up/ group I am interested. Just let me know when a where, in the meantime I will continue to look for one locally. If I happen to come across one I will post it in this discussion. Thank for all your help!
  • Rental Property Investor · Austin, TX · Member since 2017 · 7 posts · 6 votes
    7y
  • Investor · Temple, TX · Member since 2015 · 111 posts · 80 votes
    7y
    @Sue Thomas is correct! The Temple group meets every month at Cotton Patch Cafe at Temple Mall. Just follow the link to join...it’s a free membership, they just ask that you patronize the restaurant since they let us use the meeting room.
  • Contractor · Temple, TX · Member since 2014 · 379 posts · 164 votes
    7y

    Thank you @Sue Thomas and @Laura Sulak for adding that additional information

  • Rental Property Investor · Austin, TX · Member since 2017 · 7 posts · 6 votes
    7y
    @James Stevens. I'll be there on Nov 8. Looking forward to meeting you
  • New to Real Estate · Cantonment, FL · Member since 2018 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    7y

    Yes any info on Meet Ups would be appreciated. I am fairly new as well and would love to meet with others in the Bell County Area 

  • Investor · Ledgewood, NJ · Member since 2016 · 13 posts · 3 votes
    7y

    Looking to connect with anyone working in the Bell County, Tx

    Real Estate Agents, Property managers and contractors all alike 

    Garry at leorealestateinvestors dot com

    9Seven3  Nine1Nine Eight3one2

    Text Than We can Set a Phone Call If by phone is better.

  • West Palm Beach, FL · Member since 2015 · 1 post · 0 votes
    7y

    If anyone wants to use interest free credit cards to purchase a fix and flip, Brandon Kroon from Fund and Grow is amazing. He knows what he is doing and he kept me informed along the way on a daily basis. Basically, you buy the house with the interest free credit cards and pay them back in full when you sell the house. I did this with Brandon twice in the past year. Brandon is an expert and is super helpful.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.