Newbie in the Anne arundle county Maryland area

Newbie in the Anne arundle county Maryland area

Lender · Glen Burnie, MD · Member since 2018 · 39 posts · 12 votes
Hello bigger pockets I’m pretty new to all of this I’ve been listening to the BP podcast for a few weeks now and I’m loving it. That being said I got a realtor, a lender , I am pre qualified for a loan, I have been placed on a listing ( which seems like bs), and I feel stuck. I’m staying positive and reading my books and listening to the podcasts but still I feel like I have more questions the more I listen and learn. That being said my name is Sean Beksinski I am 20 years old I’ve worked as a full time plumber/gassfitter for 3 years for a major outfitter company “ GETignall”. I also take classes for plumbing and gasfitting, and i take tutoring for spanish. If you anyone local is will to talk you can reach out and I will give you my personal cell phone. Thank you
1Reply
16 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · Easton, MD · Member since 2017 · 14 posts · 9 votes
8y

Welcome fellow Marylander. Good luck and keep on learning! Trust me you’ll always have more questions than answers it seems :)

See this reply in the discussion

9 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Fairfax, VA · Member since 2016 · 164 posts · 54 votes
    8y

    Hi @Sean Beksinski, welcome to BP! Sounds like you're off to a great start, aside from the being placed on a listing. Happy to connect and answer any questions you may have. My team is very familiar with the Maryland area. Wishing you all the best on your real estate investing adventures!

  • Lender · Glen Burnie, MD · Member since 2018 · 39 posts · 12 votes
    8y
    @Bobby Montagne hey thanks ! What do you mean except for a listing ? Is that a bad thing ?
  • Severna Park, MD · Member since 2013 · 7k+ posts · 7k+ votes
    8y

    @Sean Beksinski Welcome , now get ready for the fun . Anne Arundel county is SUPER competitive for deals . Lots of players in the county . CASH is KING . If its a deal you have to go in fast and be ready to close quick . If you cant do any rehab yourself be prepared to pay $$$$ . Contractors are busy and in short supply and prices are up . I doubt you will find anything on the MLS , I havent seen a "deal" listed in this area for years . I find mine word of mouth thru customers and friends .

  • Rental Property Investor · Easton, MD · Member since 2017 · 14 posts · 9 votes
    8y

    Welcome fellow Marylander. Good luck and keep on learning! Trust me you’ll always have more questions than answers it seems :)

  • Lender · Glen Burnie, MD · Member since 2018 · 39 posts · 12 votes
    8y
    @Andrew Franzen thanks buddy
  • Lender · Glen Burnie, MD · Member since 2018 · 39 posts · 12 votes
    8y
    @Matthew Paul thanks buddy I am a construction worker so I have a ton of contacts and can do a lot of it myself for the first few houses
  • Vinny MaidaPro Member
    Flipper/Rehabber · Arnold, MD · Member since 2011 · 34 posts · 11 votes
    8y

    Hi Sean, we are havng a BP meet up on the 22nd at the Keller Williams office at 241 Najoles Road Millersville, Md. We start at 7:30 pm.  This is a great place to meet other investors and learn for free.  Look me up if you go.  If you can’t make it I am happy to meet separately. 

    Best!

    Vinny

  • Rental Property Investor · Silver Spring, MD · Member since 2017 · 38 posts · 16 votes
    8y

    Welcome to BP, Sean!

    I agree, it sounds like you are off to a great start. As you already have figured out, the more that you learn, is the more you realize you don't know, and the more motivated you are to continue making yourself better. 

    Good luck!

  • Real estate investor · Pasadena, MD · Member since 2016 · 165 posts · 258 votes
    8y

    Welcome Sean. As Vinnie said there is a Meetup next week. there are actually 2 meetups in AA County every month. I would recommend you check them out and maybe some of the REIAS also. feel free to reach out to me and maybe we can get you pointed in the right direction for what you are trying to accomplish

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.