Best schools for real estate license in Austin, TX area?

Best schools for real estate license in Austin, TX area?

Austin, TX · Member since 2017 · 15 posts · 2 votes

I am brand new to the idea of using real estate as investment.  Can anyone recommend classes to get my real estate license in Austin?  I think I want a face to face classroom environment where I can hear an instructor's "lessons learned" and network with other newbies.  Also, what is typically the difference between a sellers license and a brokers license? Any help would be much appreciated. 

0Reply
15 views

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2017 · 136 posts · 54 votes
    9y

    @Shaun Roark Do a web search in your area.  I'd recommend looking at some online schools.  I completed all my coursework on my iPhone in 2 weeks while working full time.  I paid for a face to face class many years ago, and probably learned half of what I did online.  The school I chose had a free trial period that allowed me to complete over half of the class before I paid.  They also would have paid for my state exam if I did not pass.  The advantages of my online course were: awesome test prep at the end of each lesson, audio of the entire course in lessons, videos with stories for lessons learned, and many tools that I use today for marketing and such.  The major difference between the agent and broker license is that the broker has to know more to for agent oversight.  All agents work on behalf of a broker.  Everything the agent does is in the brokers name.  In some states you must have 2 years of agent experience to even take the broker exam.  Hope this helps.

  • Austin, TX · Member since 2017 · 15 posts · 2 votes
    9y

    That definitely helps! Thank you so much for clearing that up, Troy!

  • Real Estate Agent · Austin, TX · Member since 2017 · 31 posts · 4 votes
    9y

    @Shaun Roark pm me I can send some links for sheets when you need to prepare for the test.

  • Real Estate Investor · Austin, TX · Member since 2011 · 271 posts · 106 votes
    9y
    Champions Real Estate school is a popular one. Not that you need to be licensed to be an investor.
  • Real Estate Agent · Tampa, FL · Member since 2015 · 37 posts · 11 votes
    9y

    I agree with Troy, I would recommend online schools as well. I completed my coursework on realestateexpress.com and supplemented my studies with a prep guide. 

  • Austin, TX · Member since 2017 · 15 posts · 2 votes
    6y

    Has anyone tried AceableAgent or TrainAgentsOnline?

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.