Looking for Small Banks and Lenders for Multi Family

Looking for Small Banks and Lenders for Multi Family

John LyszczykPro Member
Rental Property Investor · Marine City, MI · Member since 2016 · 145 posts · 230 votes
I am looking at a five unit that is listed at $89K. Being a five unit I will have to do a commercial loan. I live in St Clair County Michigan, so local recommendations would be helpful, but I am not picky at this point. Does anyone have any recommendations? Will any small bank or commercial lender do multi family homes? I have 20% to put down....any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!!!
0Reply
20 views

Most Popular Reply

Port Huron, MI · Member since 2014 · 86 posts · 29 votes
9y

Lakestone bank will probably loan on that if you qualify but they say they need 30% down. I have many commercial loans with them. Also, that price sounds like Port Huron... Make sure it's a legal/registered rental with current rental certificates if it is Port Huron. I looked at 3 buildings with a total of 11 units plus a large garage in Port Huron for $110k but because of some vacancies PH would only allow them to be like 6-7 units total.  

See this reply in the discussion

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Port Huron, MI · Member since 2014 · 86 posts · 29 votes
    9y

    Lakestone bank will probably loan on that if you qualify but they say they need 30% down. I have many commercial loans with them. Also, that price sounds like Port Huron... Make sure it's a legal/registered rental with current rental certificates if it is Port Huron. I looked at 3 buildings with a total of 11 units plus a large garage in Port Huron for $110k but because of some vacancies PH would only allow them to be like 6-7 units total.  

  • Real Estate Agent · Port Huron, MI · Member since 2012 · 295 posts · 82 votes
    9y

    @John Lyszczyk A couple others are Tri-County Bank (I talk with Fred Manuilow) and Eastern Michigan Bank (I talk with Chad Deaner). Both require 25% down HOWEVER you may be able to work around that and get 20% if you get creative. @Troy Young is spot on about verifying the status with the city if it is Port Huron.

  • John LyszczykPro Member
    OP
    Rental Property Investor · Marine City, MI · Member since 2016 · 145 posts · 230 votes
    9y
    Thank you Troy Young and Richard Ball for the guidance! Much appreciated!
  • John LyszczykPro Member
    OP
    Rental Property Investor · Marine City, MI · Member since 2016 · 145 posts · 230 votes
    9y
    Troy Young Would Lakestone be able to do a commercial loan for me if I had little to no credit built with my BUSINESS? My personal credit is 780...and I just recently applied for a business credit card to try and start establishing credit.
  • Port Huron, MI · Member since 2014 · 86 posts · 29 votes
    9y

    they would make you personally guarantee the loan anyway so as long as your personal financials look good they should should loan you money.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.