NYC Real Estate Investment Clubs

NYC Real Estate Investment Clubs

Investor · Long Beach, NY · Member since 2009 · 22 posts · 1 vote

I'm a complete newbie and want to start getting involved with my local REIA's so I'm looking for a little help. I live in NYC and I want to target Queens and the Bronx. I have found a few local clubs on the Biggerpockets REI Clubs listings but I'm not getting too far.

Big Apple Real Estate Investors Association and New York City REIA both meet in the City but neither of their websites work and when I call the numbers they just ring forever. There is meeting info listed but I'm a little apprehensive about just going since I can't find anything to support that it's even an active club anymore.

I have called the number for Ultimate Investors Real Estate Inc. (UIREI) and they have a recorded message about upcoming meetings so I will be attending theirs, however I don't want to limit myself to only one if there are other good REI Clubs in the area. I want to check out all I can to get a feel for which one will fit me best for what I’m looking to do and the areas I'm focusing on.

Has anyone been to Big Apple or NYC REIA or know of any other NYC Clubs for the 5 Boroughs and Northern NJ? Particularly clubs that focus more on the outer boroughs rather than Manhattan? Any suggestions or information will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
-Steve

0Reply
13 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Investor · New York, NY · Member since 2009 · 4 posts · 0 votes
    17y

    Hi Steve,

    I live in NY and am just getting started also, and I live in Manhattan. I have not attended any of the REIA's you mentioned although I will probably check out one of the next NYC REIA meetings.

    A good website that is trying to coordinate a lot of group meetings is on the [LINK REMOVED - BROKEN] website. I did attend the YREPNY last night, and it is a free event that usually has a pretty big turnout with people from all ranges.

    Hope this helps. Perhaps we can coordinate when we will be at a meeting together to meet in person.

    Jeff

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.