Rental Property Investor · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2018 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
6y
Congrats on the success in 2019! What was your biggest obstacle when completing each property? The appraisal? The remodel? Screening for quality tenants?
Real Estate Agent · Rapid City, SD · Member since 2019 · 43 posts · 11 votes
6y
@Jaron Walling the appraisal is always the most unknown. I buy houses that have a very stable end value so that helps mitigate the risk of a low appraisal. I also get to walk the property with my appraisers which go a long way into helping with the value. My last one I provided my own comps to justify the value before he ever stepped foot into the property.
Real Estate Agent · Rapid City, SD · Member since 2019 · 43 posts · 11 votes
6y
@Gil Segev average was around -5k meaning I actually got money back. This is skewed a bit by two really successful properties. Several were a straight wash with no money in. Holding costs on a couple made it a little more expensive then planned.